General Gripes (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter cpr
  • Start date
  • Replies 174
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 9
Here's my grumpy old man two cents worth:

Knackers playing their tunes off mobile phones on buses. I've be subjected to their stupid ass music more times than I care to mention. I'm worried I'm gonna glare at one of them and get my head knocked off. Best to keep my headphones all the time.

Dumb asses.

Open the dishwasher, take out spoon, close dishwasher?

Why should I subjected to such back ache, dangerous chemicals and suffocating steam for the sake of someone elses anal retentivity? “There’s tea on a spoon, I better wash that spoon so I can use it to make tea. I'd also better put it in a dishwasher for 2 hours instead of putting it under some running water and leaving it to dry”.

It’s daft lads. It is.

http://www.cineworld.ie/reservation/ChoixResa.jgi?CINEMA=61

is it just me or did cineworld used to have lots of films?

now it's just UCI

Remember when you used to be able to book seats with your Cineworld card? And now, just forget about seeing a popular new release on opening night, unless you're prepared to turn up hours earlier.

Is this your reward for my loyalty Cineworld: Not being able to book tickets? Seriously, charge me a bit more money if that's the problem, I'll gladly pay it you fucks.

The Atkis diet?

The smell of a saturated heart attack off it is unreal!!!

Why in their right fucking mind stay on this? It seems like the most unhealthy thing ever invented. I think the whole no shittie carbs like white bread etc is a good idea.

But..

To have rashers and eggs fried in butter for your breakfast each day?

No fruit and the majority of vegetables in the shittie induction stage?

A lump of cheese for a snack?

Fuck off.

Imagen, being on a diet where even strawberries are out of bounds? THATS SO WRONG.

Jesus boredom makes you look into the oddest of things.

The Atkis diet?

The smell of a saturated heart attack off it is unreal!!!

Why in their right fucking mind stay on this? It seems like the most unhealthy thing ever invented. I think the whole no shittie carbs like white bread etc is a good idea.

But..

To have rashers and eggs fried in butter for your breakfast each day?

No fruit and the majority of vegetables in the shittie induction stage?

A lump of cheese for a snack?

Fuck off.

Imagen, being on a diet where even strawberries are out of bounds? THATS SO WRONG.

Jesus boredom makes you look into the oddest of things.

Apparently the new thing is eating a load a protein for breakfast. Oh yeah, and it's eat lots of small portions often rathjer than three sqaure meals a day now too. They keep changing it! :mad: The Atkins diet is mank though, you're right.

everything being exceptionally overpriced and having to fork out a fortune for the littlest things. Today I'm hacked with quotes for cds, it seems that trying to do a small run of 200 cd's is practically impossible unless yr willing to pay 500-600 quid. Heaven knows I'm miserable now.and this fucking rain isnt helping much

My god you are some shower of moaners.
But sure...

people who don't have their money ready in a busy supermarket queue.

everything being exceptionally overpriced and having to fork out a fortune for the littlest things. Today I'm hacked with quotes for cds, it seems that trying to do a small run of 200 cd's is practically impossible unless yr willing to pay 500-600 quid. Heaven knows I'm miserable now.and this fucking rain isnt helping much

could be worse:

someone might spit in your eye!

do CDRs, CPR!

it makes economic sense, and people just lash CDs into their computers and rip them anyway!

Do people buy CDRs or do people get pissed off spending 5 euro on an ep thats a CDR?Oh i dont know what to do.....all I know is I cant afford 600 quid on cds and pay for artwork too!

People will buy CDR's. The only thing with them is that they're crap in a car because they skip on the bumpy roads.
Whenever MMI get's back to you, you'll be told that she can do you CDR's for (relatively) fuck all money, with a bit of artwork on them and stuff.

In short, CDR's are grand.

There's a stigma attached to CDRs, and yes, they've a shorter shelf life - but what does grade matter, once it has been ripped? The record-buying public has mostly lowered its standards. Consequently, commerce dictates - at the DIY level - a need for cheaper formats, I reckon. I actually think that can be a good thing, though.

"What's the point in buying a CD, when I can download it, or when I do buy it - simply rip it so there's now no more need for the CD?" they say - well, artwork, lyrics, the feeling of something tangible in your hand, the notion that you're supporting the artist in a more tangible way. All of these can be gotten from the packaging and selling of the CDR format. You can do shorter runs, so you're not stuck with 475 coasters after your launch gig, and there's less of a financial burden on the band. So there's real meaning to what you do, as someone who releases records - even if you only sell 20 CDRs, it's still closer to a profit than if you pressed CDs.

Well, it's just a thought - but if everyone did it, it'd be more accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back