General Gripes (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter cpr
  • Start date
  • Replies 174
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 9
earphone phone talkers.

gears2.jpg

Pedestrians on the cycle lane in Phoenix Park giving me filthy looks cos I nearly run them over.

Cycle tracks in general

Danny Dyer movies

The slowness of teh internets

potholes

The car chase in Batman Begins

Dirtbikes on football pitches, drinking and smashing bottles on said football pitches, and the all round social disaster that is Coolock.

The compulsion of beer bellied men to walk around proudly bare chested.

That's it for now.

It would be at least a double act. Lack of sidewalk etiquette really fucking drives me mental.

Really mental.

Bananas crazy.

Oh god.

I'm going back to that thread about bumming with the Beano.

thirded. if people insist on walking that slowly, either alone or in groups of 7 as is usual on Patrick St, then I insist on a fast/slow lane divide on all footpaths. So there.

Pedestrians on the cycle lane in Phoenix Park giving me filthy looks cos I nearly run them over.

Vice versa, too. Walking in a cycle lane is lame.

Cycling on a footpath is crazy and stupid and dangerous.

Pedestrians and cyclists should be friends and respect each other's space! I get very annoyed, especially along the docklands quays where there is lots of room and no excuse for getting into each other's space.

Can I just reiterate "people generally lacking in soundness"?

Also, four nights without sleep. Last night was the absolute worst. I'm not even sure I remember the whole night only that until 4am, I thought I might die. I know there were tears because my face is all swollen.

I am not very useful today.

Pedestrians and cyclists should be friends and respect each other's space! I get very annoyed, especially along the docklands quays where there is lots of room and no excuse for getting into each other's space.

Also, four nights without sleep. Last night was the absolute worst. I'm not even sure I remember the whole night only that until 4am, I thought I might die. I know there were tears because my face is all swollen.

I am not very useful today.

Why are you not sleeping?

But y’see y’see y’see, it’s this perception that people have a unassailable right to a particular “space” on the footpath or road that causes these problems. People are being told what to do by white lines and traffic lights. And they don’t mind. That's my gripe. We should all have a right to all the space that other people aren't in.

The cycle tracks in Pheonix park are stupid. Of course that’s where people are going to walk. It is a footpath. There are plans for rearranging them.

Double edge sword gripe. People who take WAY too long to collect their purchases put money away in shops AND the shop tellers trying to get your purchases over the heads of the previous customer when they've barely had a second to get out of the way. Surely there must be some agreed amount of acceptable time? 30 seconds?

Why are you not sleeping?

Long story.

I did finally get a few hours' sleep, but am working from home today because I just need quiet and am still totally exhausted. My brain is just too fucking overstimulated to go anywhere. I have to go in to another place to do some other work this evening, which is the work that is causing me to not sleep.

I just wish people would stop shouting in my face. It's not very fucking constructive, ya know? If I don't sleep tonight, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm finding myself really confused about incrediby basic things and I've got shooting pains all over.

Oh, and it's not totally unrelated to having not had a day off for more than two months and working until midnight or later most nights.

Long story.

I did finally get a few hours' sleep, but am working from home today because I just need quiet and am still totally exhausted. My brain is just too fucking overstimulated to go anywhere. I have to go in to another place to do some other work this evening, which is the work that is causing me to not sleep.

I just wish people would stop shouting in my face. It's not very fucking constructive, ya know? If I don't sleep tonight, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm finding myself really confused about incrediby basic things and I've got shooting pains all over.

Oh, and it's not totally unrelated to having not had a day off for more than two months and working until midnight or later most nights.

Crikey.
Sounds like you need some time off.
Can you not quit one of these jobs?

When people refill the paper in a shared printer with only enough paper to print their job. How difficult is it to put a whole ream of paper in a printer!?

Also, people who leave only two sheets of toilet paper on the roll to avoid having to put in a new one and people who just put rubbish on top of a full bin without changing the bin liner. What is wrong with you?

people who work in the same building as you completely ignoring you when you say hello.

they're probably feeling really bad right now that they didn't recognise you till ten seconds until after they walked by you

I am always that person

Spiders spinning webs on the clothes line. Lads, I have to take me clothes in, I can't help wrecking your webs, stop making me feel bad :(
Spiders take down and put up their webs again every day. I saw it on Life in the Undergrowth. David Attenborough sez so, so don't feel bad.

Also, people who leave only two sheets of toilet paper on the roll to avoid having to put in a new one and people who just put rubbish on top of a full bin without changing the bin liner. What is wrong with you?

Yes! Or people who leave a ridiculously tiny amount of milk left in a carton, like too tiny to do anything with, I hate that, that makes me so rageful

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back