General Gripes (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter cpr
  • Start date
  • Replies 174
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 9
People talking in the cinema...fuckssake..

I totally agree with you. The other night two people came into the cinema five minutes after the film had started, sat right in front of me and then proceeded to give their own DVD style commentary during every scene: 'Oh look at that guy, that's your man from that other film...' Do these people think that they're at home watching the telly or something?

that bus queue jumping does my fucking head in. I try my best to just elbow them out of the way. Alternatively, if they hop in front of you, just do your best to make a holy show of them "OH, AFTER YOU!" etc.

Italian queue jumping is a sight to behold as it's not ageist in any way. An old codger sauntered by me today in the queue at the supermarket as if he was the owner of the place. Then an old lady robbed one of 2 my cent (I know I should have a bag for life but they don't sell them at the supermarket here) plastic shopping bags. I was too mortified to embarrass her.

Eh, change the code. :confused:
And put some grease on the steps so they don't come sitting on them.
well... the problem there is the code's not mine to change. someone's supposed to come up and change the code in the next few days. if I grease the steps it's pretty likely that one of the many passers by might crack their face off the ground. I've given this one a bit of thought already though; I'm thinking watered down treacle... sticky.

other gripes: an infant who seems hell-bent on screaming the house down for the remainder of your evening.

discovering a skipping disc 8 from a 12 disc DVD set you bought from Australian online over two years ago

Howabout putting some brasso on a bit of cotton wool, rubbing it on the bastard DVD, leaving it dry and then rubbing it off.
Howabout that?

I'd like to add an "aye" to the posters, queue and cinema gripes and also add thieving bastards.

Particularly thieving bastards nicking stuff from your workplace, and your employer's "security" not doing anything about it. So far I've had 2 phones, with lots of photos on them, nicked twice by the same person (they phoned the same numbers on the Ivory Coast both times) - and 3 mugs, all with my name and department stickered on them.

Latest one is a metal coffee mug that I got by saving up loyalty card points from the staff cafe, and I got money off every time I re-used it instead of using disposable paper cups. I loved that lil' metal dude. Sniff.

I'd like to add an "aye" to the posters, queue and cinema gripes and also add thieving bastards.

Particularly thieving bastards nicking stuff from your workplace, and your employer's "security" not doing anything about it. So far I've had 2 phones, with lots of photos on them, nicked twice by the same person (they phoned the same numbers on the Ivory Coast both times) - and 3 mugs, all with my name and department stickered on them.

Latest one is a metal coffee mug that I got by saving up loyalty card points from the staff cafe, and I got money off every time I re-used it instead of using disposable paper cups. I loved that lil' metal dude. Sniff.

that's a killer.

speaking of the Ivory Coast - there was a ship from there docked in New Ross earlier this year. Would have been a good idea to drug one of our mates and thrown him on board just before departure. He could have been a cabin boy for the next seven years just like in The Further Adventures Of Oliver Twist

Howabout putting some brasso on a bit of cotton wool, rubbing it on the bastard DVD, leaving it dry and then rubbing it off.
Howabout that?

Damage is too deep. I managed to watch 90% of what's on the disc. The remainder is shrouded in mystery.

I have written to the company - MRA Entertainment - seeking a replacement disc.

Keep your phone on your person?

People fucking off and leaving their phone after them, and then whatever dumbass is rinigng them and not realising that if it hasn't been answered after about a minute, it isn't going to be answered has me pretty close to defenestrating that phone at times.

A stupid boy I brought to the gig, I let the stupdiness last for almost a year which probably also says something about my intelligence.

Theres another one letting relationships go on for too long.

Fucking midges, after spending the weekend in Glendalough I have bites everywhere and they're itchy, very itchy.

Rude people in the street who try to walk right through you even when there is nowhere else that you could possibly walk without actually walking onto the road. Usually found in groups of 3 for some reason.

People who use prams as weapons, seriously, I've had my ankles battered by so many of these wagons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back