General Election 2025 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 260
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 2
As far as i can see the bloody greens went in on the basis that they'd get a fair few things guaranteed in program for government document and weren't looking for that job.

it's gas to see the amount of opprobrium the greens are getting for this report about reducing speed limits - when it's jack chambers who is bringing the report to cabinet. FFG must love it.

also a lot of 'if i have to drive slower it'll mean my trip will take longer MOAR POLUTION'

it'd be an unusual car which gets better fuel economy at 100km/h than it would at 80.

I was thinking about GE 2025 Yesterday.

I might change this one but

GE 2025 Ann post prediction

174 seats in next govt i think - 88 for majority

The narrative that I've seen a lot is 'FF are going to have to in with SF to make a govt'.

I'm starting to not believe that.

I'm going out on a limb a bit but I'm actually slightly suspecting something like this with new seats

FF 32 / FG 28 / GP 20 / SF 50 / IND 20 / SD 10 / PBP 8 / OTHER

In which the same govt is retained.

Why?

FG supporters aren't wild on changing stripes and already have houses
FF supporters are similar, some might flight to SF but MM has been starting paint the odd republican stroke
GP actually did stuff - I might be county bonus lefty greens here too but also the planet got worse.
SF are still a good opposition party but i'm not sure they'll pull the same crowd and might spill into independent weirdo parties. If SF fall short of defined majority than it'd suit the current crop just fine to carry on.
Not Ruling out SF / GP though.

also a lot of 'if i have to drive slower it'll mean my trip will take longer MOAR POLUTION'

it'd be an unusual car which gets better fuel economy at 100km/h than it would at 80.

I was driving to work this week and some audi lad did the most wild back road overtaking move on me. I was mrs doyle level smug that about ten minutes later i caught up at the traffic lights and was in the exact same spot as them by the time we were in town. Once there is a traffic light anywhere in the equation speed is meaningless.

it's a point i frequently make in debates (usually on boards) about the proposed 30km/h urban limits in dublin - on a clear day, on roads which have limits of *50km/h*, it'd be very rare that you'd go faster than 30km/h on average.

my usual example is driving from DCU to UCD. the vast majority of the roads have a 50km/h limit, and that also includes nearly 2km with a limit of 60.
at the moment, google maps is estimating (in light enough traffic conditions for a weekday) it would take 35 minutes to drive the 11km. that's an average of about 19km/h.

I was thinking about GE 2025 Yesterday.

I might change this one but

GE 2025 Ann post prediction

174 seats in next govt i think - 88 for majority

The narrative that I've seen a lot is 'FF are going to have to in with SF to make a govt'.

I'm starting to not believe that.

I'm going out on a limb a bit but I'm actually slightly suspecting something like this with new seats

FF 32 / FG 28 / GP 20 / SF 50 / IND 20 / SD 10 / PBP 8 / OTHER

In which the same govt is retained.

Why?

FG supporters aren't wild on changing stripes and already have houses
FF supporters are similar, some might flight to SF but MM has been starting paint the odd republican stroke
GP actually did stuff - I might be county bonus lefty greens here too but also the planet got worse.
SF are still a good opposition party but i'm not sure they'll pull the same crowd and might spill into independent weirdo parties. If SF fall short of defined majority than it'd suit the current crop just fine to carry on.
Not Ruling out SF / GP though.

More of the same will have me banging my head viscously off a hard wall until the sweet release of death.

RE the Farmer's Alliance

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Luckily this is Ireland and not trump era america, so rather than spending two days spreading it around every corner of the internet making sure every racist in the country knows who the farmers alliance are in time for the election we'll just ignore these little tweets they are putting out, rather than giving them more PR than they could pay for because we are smart and learned a lot from the American mistakes.

Anywhoo sarcasm aside I was chatting to oulfella-post about this crowd, he told me a few weeks back there just werent enough farmers to grab a seat in any constituency and they'd have to latch onto a few issues to get any chance of a showing.

another new party has just been officially confirmed too, the 100% mica redress party, to split the vote further.

They 100% could take a ff/fg seat in donegal at this point. I assume it's yer man. Like i know a number of people who have had to literally demolish thier houses and are in redress limbo.

would their vote come for any one party in particular? it strikes me as a general interest issue, but SF are probably buoyant enough that it wouldn't unduly affect them in donegal?

would their vote come for any one party in particular? it strikes me as a general interest issue, but SF are probably buoyant enough that it wouldn't unduly affect them in donegal?

2 SF and one Indie almost nailed in for just being really effective in the dail. The other two seats are scrapped out betweeen FF/FG who's collective toaiseachs and housing ministers have not moved the issue forward to this point.

leo varadkar's account has just retweeted this. they've got their top people on it.

leo varadkar's account has just retweeted this. they've got their top people on it.

Are there people still naive enough to be conned by this shower of cunts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back