Gear you've bought recently: (2 Viewers)

Went in to get the crashride and this piece caught my eye even more
429105.jpg

This and a boom stand for e250, Thomann can fuck right off, oh yes.

C'mon G! Where's the pics?
if you book them they will come...

so yeah..a few words first. i am genuinely blown away by the sound of this kit. ive played 24'' kicks before, acrylic kits before and wood rimmed kits before, but stick them all together and its a dream come true. this kit just sounds naturally amazing. no tape, no dampener rings, no pillow in the kick.

ive even included a wee clip of these drums in action.
this is a tiny clip recorded with a D.I'd guitar in about 10 minutes.
very little mixing on this. and i just threw the mics up. it was amazing they recorded so well.
HERE, HEAR

so, on to the look.
ISNT IT A THING OF BEAUTY.
im very happy i opted out of the amber acrylic. it wouldve been too 'striking'.
first thing to note is that they sent me the wrong resonant kick skin. it was supposed to be remo clear like the rest...i think theyre gonna send me one out asap. i really think thatll finish off 'the look'. although the white skin doesnt look too bad.

other thing of interest...i had to take a pliers to the snare stand to bend the grips back a bit because its soo wide with the wood rim.

also, that isnt my hardware or cymbals. thats off the kit we keep in the studio. ill post more pics with my complete set up asap.

okay, enough of that.

here you go.

IMG_1813.jpg

cc7.jpg

cc6.jpg

cc5.jpg

cc4.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc1.jpg

cC2.jpg

I like the white logo head. A clear one might make the kick too see through. Its subtle now. You dont need to draw anymore attention to the transparency imo.

That is sweet man. Wood hoops are the biz. Customs & shipping much?

Yeah I agree the white resonance skin is better, clear would make it look too much like a toy for yer hamster haha. Plus it matches the snare now. White heads always look better if you ask me though.

yeah im sort of with ya'll on this one..

rather than sending me a clear skin, theyre gonna send a bunch of decals over and i can put them on a clear skin to try out.

i like the look of white heads...but not so much the sound..

i like the look of white heads...but not so much the sound..

Agreed. I played coated ambassadors for years but when i got the ludwig kit i put CS black dots on the batters & clear ambassadors on the resonant side & havent looked back since. CS batters are the job!

Only draw back is i have to buy them from thomann as they cant be got here. No big deal really.

101074.jpg

n.gif

http://www.thomann.de/ie/remo_cscl16.htm

Any thoughts on vintage cymbals?

Guy that messed up me 16" crash order is offering me this for hundred squids to make good:

fuck it the url aint working; stick 270305484552 into www.ebay.com

Never played vintage cymbals though, dunno if they'd suit the others I've got either. He reckons it's a medium heavy avedis alright but would the sound be much differ?

Got my hats and ride too, they're only lovely!

I bought a pair of zildjian avedis mastersound hi hats & dw9000 kick pedal when i was in NYC. Lovely hats.

Pedal is nice too but - i cant seem to center the beater to the center of the drum coz when i clamp it to the hoop it goes crooked. Really annoying. You having this problem John Bombs?

Yeah I am, it only strikes it a slight bit to the right of the centre though so doesn't annoy me too much. Was does annoy me is all the messin around takin off and putting back on the beater when I head to practice/gigs. Me last pedal I just used to unhook the spring when carrying it round, well handier, pretty big defect on the best kickpedal in the world if you ask me:p

Yeah I am, it only strikes it a slight bit to the right of the centre though so doesn't annoy me too much. Was does annoy me is all the messin around takin off and putting back on the beater when I head to practice/gigs. Me last pedal I just used to unhook the spring when carrying it round, well handier, pretty big defect on the best kickpedal in the world if you ask me:p

Yeah mine strikes right of center. Annoying, feels like im not getting the full umph outa the kick. Can you not put the pedal in yer kick bag with beater attached?

Yeah mine strikes right of center. Annoying, feels like im not getting the full umph outa the kick. Can you not put the pedal in yer kick bag with beater attached?

Feel alright to me that way, its really not that far off where me last kick struck, it still hits inside the slam patch I have stuck on the skin that was positioned for my last kick.

After the money I paid for the kick I didnt wanna be puttin unneccessary strain on the spring (especially so soon after gettin it) by jamming it into the bag beater still on and risk damaging it/loosening the spring when its gettin tossed around vans/cars/stages but now that Ive actuallt tried fully closing it I suppose its not too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back