Gear you've bought recently: (1 Viewer)

Naw. Held onto it, although I think I'm in the market for a bigger kick drum.

DO IT! Ive a 24" ludwig maple kick & 26" kick in the vistalite. The 26" kick is on par with the snare volume wise. Its class. I guess i prefer the 26" as ive not touched the 24" in so long.

You'd get a shell off ebay for 100 dollars or so & same to ship it. Hoops for 50 ish then take the hardware off yer current kick for it. Or buy one complete if you've the cash i guess.

looks lovely dude. im still thinking about getting a small kick drum. the 24" is lovely but a) theres portability issues and b) small kicks tuned right and deep enough can sound amazing. case in point: ?uestlove.

just picked up a Pearl virgil donati snare, and it it the nicest snare ive ever used! beautiful finish too! its an 8 ply shell, 4 inner plys of birch and 4 outer plys of birch with a fully rounded top bearing edge and a 45degree bottom bearing edge...YUM!

looks lovely dude. im still thinking about getting a small kick drum. the 24" is lovely but a) theres portability issues and b) small kicks tuned right and deep enough can sound amazing. case in point: ?uestlove.
Had a peek under a blanket last night at rock, but what to see...your kit. Quickly lowered the blanket so as not to get any dust on it.
The bass drum was so tempting, but I'm not the kind of guy that would play while the cats away.
Looked lovely.

DO IT! Ive a 24" ludwig maple kick & 26" kick in the vistalite. The 26" kick is on par with the snare volume wise. Its class. I guess i prefer the 26" as ive not touched the 24" in so long.

You'd get a shell off ebay for 100 dollars or so & same to ship it. Hoops for 50 ish then take the hardware off yer current kick for it. Or buy one complete if you've the cash i guess.
Will probably pick up a 24" or 26" complete. Have had this notion for a while of turning my 20" into a gong bass with a 22" hoop and head.

Won this today:

Got a new DW9000 hi hat & snare stand too.

Do you really notice much of a difference between these and what you had before Tom? Been thinking about gettin a new hi hat stand (I suppose the 9000 to match the kick) but can't help thinkin Id just be buying it for the sake of it with no real need to. The stand Ive got works fine just looks shit next to the kick pedal!

Since getting the 26" bass drum Ive had to raise my whole set up by 2 inches or more & the old hi hat stand just didnt cut it height wise. I need a really high hat to give my snare arm enough room for power when playing crust/dbeat style.

The new 9000 stand is wicked high. I play the hats at jaw level now & its got two legs aswell so it fits easier with the legs of other stands.

Its worth knowing that I only bought this stand because it was half price @ 220 dollars & the snare stand @ 85 dollars when I was in the States. Id still be playing my pearl hardware now only for this.

Top hardware though.

Got a hardcase for my pedals and 8" bell en route

got a gotor snare hardcase and SKB 24" cymbal hardcase (has a handle and whells!) to fit my new 24" sabian AA Metal - X ride (its DEADLY), which I gotfor 75 euro off 2nd hand off boards.ie!

steo, the locker is now super neat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back