Funny towns (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 18K
  • Watchers 2
ostrichsyndrome said:
Muff, co. donegal. ask the evangelists about that one.

thought manowar was in leitrim?

did we forget about stillorgan (dublin), kilcock (kildare), kill (kildare), horse and jockey (tipp)?
In some book I did for leaving cert irish there was some shop in Kilcock called Cox of Kilcock... now that was good.

Horse and Jockey is another weird one. Had a good shnooze in the car there today though. Baltimore-Dublin and back in two days = not nice.

The next townland over from here is called Spain, and there's a townland on an island near here called Paris, but that's not that funny.. really.

the bongo said:
don't forget horse and jockey.
I passed by there on Sunday.

cian_canada_head.gif

There's a hackball cross somewhere.
Tonregee is the usual anglicisation of thoin le gaoith, ass to the wind, a common name. Theres also piss in the wind, don't know what it is in its anglicised form though.

Monasterevin is pretty funny, not because of the name, but because it looks so horrible, like a ghost town or something.

Abbeyleix is good though, and I'm convinced Sleater-Kinney have a song about it.

theres an estate in nobber called muff crescent. swear to god. and the have a hill called nobber mound. quality shit.
some poor sap possibly has an address "69 muff crescent, nobber". oh to be a postman

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back