Punk gigs in the 32 counties- well have you? (1 Viewer)

MORE INFO

after thinking about it... it was an ex-cathedra gig in carlow and some of the brawl heads had brought up a pa from newross for the gig.
after the gig the vans were been or were loaded up a few people around cans etc.the cops turned up and want to search the vans. so one of em is about to open the side door on brawls van. murt is like"DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR" the cop thinks it because he has drugs in there or something and shouts some thing like"COME ON JOHNNY WE HAVE EM and something about drugs"to one of the other cops as he pulls back the door.the reason murt didn't want it open was because the hinges were fucked so as soon as the pig slides it back out it falls straight on to the cunt swashing him into the ground.hes roaring for us to help take the door off him funnily enough nobody's in a rush to oblige him.

im laughing now just thinking about it again.

and did you not play carlow with brawl? and the van door swashed the cop?
nope theyd a different drummer by then.sounds like a laugh.crude and snide were ment to play carlow.when we got there ,found out gig was moved to port laoise.a good few punks had turned up so we all chipped in and hired a bus to portlaoise[met molly for the first time pissing against the bus the driver ran him],got there found out it was a hells angels do and they wanted a tenner a head [lot of money in them days].being right on anarcho punks we said fuck that and went drinking/camping/staying in derelict buildings.p.visions were about that weekend and a lot of the nordies so it ended up being good crack anyway.quote of the weekend was in a chipper ,couple a hells angels queing for grub,this tractor pulls up outside and the auld boy with bailing twine for a belt etc. walks in ,shouts ,well lads hows it goin,having a good weekend?where are yes from?hells angel replys..laandaan.farmer replys london ! is it,ive a sister mary living over there.do youse know her?

quote of the weekend was in a chipper ,couple a hells angels queing for grub,this tractor pulls up outside and the auld boy with bailing twine for a belt etc. walks in ,shouts ,well lads hows it goin,having a good weekend?where are yes from?hells angel replys..laandaan.farmer replys london ! is it,ive a sister mary living over there.do youse know her?

fucking classic.

Kildare I think. Kevin Myers lives there

wet, drunk, dirty memories

of the festival, not about Mr Myers

gigs in the counties punk forgot part two

So nearly 4 years on and have just managed to only add one more county to the list of places i've been to gigs- offaly- tullamore. FOTF and Section 4 gonna try do some gigs this winter in odd places no one has played so was looking for this thread.
anyone got any leads whatsoever in cavan, monaghan, kerry, clare????? have a pa and backline so anykind of a venue is good, also is there a boozer in knock does anyone know?

tried to post in the old thread but it says its too old

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?67261-Punk-gigs-in-the-32-counties-well-have-you

wouldnt let me do that - something about beign older than xxxxxx number of days .. anyways....

So nearly 4 years on and have just managed to only add one more county to the list of places i've been to gigs- offaly- tullamore. FOTF and Section 4 gonna try do some gigs this winter in odd places no one has played so was looking for this thread.
anyone got any leads whatsoever in cavan, monaghan, kerry, clare????? have a pa and backline so anykind of a venue is good, also is there a boozer in knock does anyone know?

tried to post in the old thread but it says its too old

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.ph...-well-have-you

Re: gigs in the counties punk forgot part two

Zafaranchos, Droppin Bombs, Excuses, Lobotomies played a gig on a commune in Cavan a few years ago but dunno if I'd recommend the spot. Strange place. Don't know of anywhere else..

Also played Monaghan a few times back in the late 90s but no idea what's going on there nowadays. There was gigs in Kerry a few years ago too, Tralee I think, maybe ask the tenpastseven lads or Fionnan... Gigs in Ennis the odd time too in Brandon's Bar, two local bands: http://www.reverbnation.com/tensor and http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsoftheworld

i know a fella that does gigs in ennis in clare, he used to play with the vapars, if thats any good to ya?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back