Funkiest tunes you like (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
I´ve endured many many mc´s at drum n bass nights attempting to be black.

ít´s quite a pitiful sight

The trick is to be infuenced by it. Don't try to immitate it. Thats sad, covers band sad.

Originally posted by snakybus
I hate it when Bowie tries to be a soulman

I think it was a low point for him

I don't like Young Americans

He goes on about being "very sexual", and he's not. He's very British, and that's not sexy.

It's like Sinead O Connor doing her famine rap - "there woz no focking fommin, roight", or her reggaed up version of baidin fheidhlime, aagh, gag me with a spoon. White people wanting to be black Americans or Jamaicans, eh? Irish white people wanting to be groovy. Saints preserve us.

Young Americans is a great Album, except for the cover version of 'Across the Universe'. He always did that heavy breathing, wet the womens knickers stuff tho. Even on his earlier stuff, Jean Genie....some from Aladin Sane.

Sinead O' Connor's adventures can't really be compared to Bowie's even for arguments sake coz she's just a good singer, not a genius. I haven't heard her Reggae muck, and never want to either.

I´ve endured many many mc´s at drum n bass nights attempting to be black.

ít´s quite a pitiful sight

white german mcs with us army buzzcuts pretending to be black.

now thats classy.

I´m a "covers band virgin" (as in never seen one ) and intend upon staying that way , thank you very much.

wow. between weddings and (the horror, the horror) "corporate entertainment", i've heard far too many of them. most of them dreadful beyond belief.

Originally posted by Alex

E.G [for the rockers]
Chillies, Rage Against The Machine, Faith no more, etc.

(but)

Slap bass sucks when it's done just to impress

damn straight - korn actually do some amazing stuff with slap too sometimes if that's your bag. sometimes its over the top. i've just seen so many technically great bassists overuse slap 'cos its showy. they end up sounding like the seinfeld music.

nah - i ain't got the hang of slap meself so just flippantly dismissing it ;)
faith no more were pretty much the first band i really got into. (after def leppard :eek: )
me - i'm all plec trom!

divorces are much more plentiful in my family than weddings .

...in that case Joan of Arse would be the Ultimate divorce band! Ha ha ha:p :D :p

... only messin bearded Lady

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back