Band posted to Singer & Musicians wanted to form band in Dublin area (1 Viewer)

sanfran

Website
Visit site
Singer wanted and any interested musicians/ songwriters (guitarist, bassist, drummer, trumpet, sax, keys etc.) to write and record songs. I myself write songs, play guitar and keys.

Aim: To record good music, gigging isn't a specific goal- mainly recording. Not averse to perhaps playing gigs in the future but the focus is on writing and recording songs.

Music samples: check out some of my old songs here- but will be writing new songs for this http://www.myspace.com/sanfrantheband
Absolutely no interest in playing cover versions- want to record original music.

Location: Anywhere in Dublin as will probably rehearse in city centre anyway, maybe blackpitts rehearsal room as there's free parking

Age Range: I don't care what age you are, and if under 18 it's not even a problem as recording is the main focus. I've played music with age ranges from teenagers to pensioners so I don't care.

Influences include:
*Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
*Love- Forever Changes
*Zombies- Odyssey and the Oracle
*Beatles- Abbey Road, White Album, Sgt Pepper
*Velvet Underground albums and Lou Reed Solo
*Stevie Wonder- Songs in the Key of Life, Innervisions (anything of his before 1980\'s) *Super Furry Animals- (Mwng, Guerilla), NeonNeon, Gruff rhys solo albums
*Magnetic Fields- (69 love songs)
*Bob Dylan-(Blood on the tracks especially)
*Divine Comedy,
*Bigstar & Alex Chilton solo,
*Damien Dempsey,
*the jam/ paul weller, Iggy Pop, Stooges, David Bowie-(Low, Ziggy Stardust), Patti Smith, Almost anything on Motown, Trojan, Souljazz Records, Blur, Elvis Costello & the attractions, Ibrahim Ferrer, Buena Vista Social Club, Madness, Pulp, Bjork, Stone Roses, Ian Brown, Burt Bacharach, Van Morrisson, Odetta, Jimmy Cliff, Happy Mondays, Adam Green, Sex Pistols, Nick Drake, Serge Gainsbourg, Belle and Sebastian, Grant Lee Buffalo, Polyphonic Spree, Marvin Gaye......

If you write songs great but if not no probs, I'd like to play some of my own songs but would like to write new ones too. The tunes on myspace are just a few samples- I like to write other styles too. PM if interested. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back