JANELLE MONAE at Tripod - 19th Dec (1 Viewer)

actually, no, most of the songs are quite straight forwardly structured but because they segue into each other the impression is that there's something odd going on.

This is not helped by the bazillion tracks on every 'cut'.

actually, no, most of the songs are quite straight forwardly structured but because they segue into each other the impression is that there's something odd going on.

This is not helped by the bazillion tracks on every 'cut'.

Yeah but they're not catchy. This is my problem. I don't think any of these spas/critics are noticing this. If they're gonna be that heavily 'manufactured', emotionless, content-free and inhuman, they had better be catchy, right? That's all this modrin pop has going for it (and it's a lot to have), but Janelle, baby, you don't have a tune to your name.*

Yeah but they're not catchy. This is my problem. I don't think any of these spas/critics are noticing this. If they're gonna be that heavily 'manufactured', emotionless, content-free and inhuman, they had better be catchy, right? That's all this modrin pop has going for it (and it's a lot to have), but Janelle, baby, you don't have a tune to your name.*

Weeeeelllllll on the one hand you're just plain wrong as the songs aren't supposed to be GaGa style manufactured robo-pop (yes aware of the irony here with her whole metropolis thing) but at the same time the production is so heavy that it's missing the intimacy she probably needs.

In regards the album, I'm kind of torn between really liking it and finding it all too glossy. If Beyoncé released it I would be thinking 'wow, she's really upped her game' but I just don't think you could hear anything off it and go 'ah yes, that's unmistakably a Janelle Monae song'.

I don't think it has 'no songs' though. The real question is whether you'd be better off listening to someone else....

Well that was a hell of lot better than the EP concert.

Still a few invisible instruments though, not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back