fundit, infographic, well? (3 Viewers)

crowdfunding is not - and shouldn't be - a solution for all art funding problems.

what i don't get is the negativity towards it from those you would have thought stood to benefit the most, whether as creators, patrons or consumers of art

I thought that IMMA one was weird myself.

BUT... we used Fund It for the app, and it was a pretty good experience overall. What hasn't been mentioned here so far (I think) is that it's not just about the money, maaaan - it's really good at building up a bit of excitement for a project. It also forces you to put a more definite shape on what you're doing and to think about how you can get everything you promised out within a certain timeframe. There's every chance we wouldn't have gotten our act together so quickly if we didn't have the imperative of being decent to everyone who funded us.

Anyway, this thread has been far too reasonable so far. More hate, please.

Fuck you and your stupid app.

Another thing that's good about it, is that its not about how many people like your shit, it's about how much people like your shit. For example, I'd happily stump up 100 quid to help fund another Dinah Brand album. It's not just pure blunt demographics anymore. Which I think is a good thing.

However, I do have an element of the "hate" thing as well. When another one pops up in my facebook or something now, my reaction tends to be "Oh Jaysus ... here's another one at it".

Some things that bug me about the fundit site.

• Timestamps - these don't exist in fundit land. You don't know when a campaign started. If one is in progress, you can work out the finish date by the 'X days' left counter but this uses valuable brain power. You'll probably hear of the ending date by band/person spamming on twitter first though.
  • Comments - supporters have no way to comment on the campaigns.
  • Those campaigning for money update their activity posts usually twice. Once before the campaign ends (when they haven't reached their goal) and another just after they've attained fundit status. After that, it's usually radio silence which I don't think is a very nice way to treat your supporters.

They can't spell incorrect:

nWesy.png

[edit: If you're going to rip off Kickstarter, you might as well rip it off better.]

great thread. I agree with everything.

Also, there's no law that says you have to buy one copy of an album. It's very easy to buy direct from a band these days, if you want to help/continue to support them.

I think bands should start funding themselves by robbing pensioners.

The problem with the DIY approach is that there's no white label fundit/kickstarter that you could roll yourself. Sites like fundit have the system in place to only drawn down the funds if your campaign has reached its goal & they have negotiating power with banks to minimise the fee on all the micro transaction payments.

The problem with the DIY approach is that there's no white label fundit/kickstarter that you could roll yourself. Sites like fundit have the system in place to only drawn down the funds if your campaign has reached its goal & they have negotiating power with banks to minimise the fee on all the micro transaction payments.

Actually the problem wth the DIY approach is that there are no fucking jobs to fund eating food let alone making any art.

I wish people would stop calling music art.

Its not art.

Its all about fucking and grinding and sweatin and hallucinating and laughing and going FUCK YEAH THIS RAWKS.

Art is wet.But not the sexy kinda wet.

That word actually wrecks my head so much it's painful.

"Ort" is a load ah me bollix some faggotty cunts drawren fuckin tings wih shite an puttin ih on a gallery fuckin wall, me hole geh a reeel job"

It's especially gaulling when the cunt saying it has never actually stepped foot in an art gallery.

It's like when priests have an opinion on riding.

Riding adults that is.

I wish people would stop calling music art.

Its not art.

Its all about fucking and grinding and sweatin and hallucinating and laughing and going FUCK YEAH THIS RAWKS.

Art is wet.But not the sexy kinda wet.

people call music 'art', you seem to call 70's rock 'music'. both are true, neither definitive.

NEXT.

people call music 'art', you seem to call 70's rock 'music'. both are true, neither definitive.

NEXT.

70's Rock..now yer talking!

I'd support a Fundit campaign to bring that shit back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back