fundit, infographic, well? (3 Viewers)

I've given it some consideration...and have come to the conclusion that it is'nt Rock'n'Roll..and for that reason...I'm out.

I have to disagree with that. People do not donate purely to receive a copy of the album. They donate to these projects, because they have an affinity for a certain artist or musician and want to help them realise their vision.

this is it. i was never going to go to Hunters Moon, but i sure as hell want them to be able to put it on.

I'm just wondering..lets say I decided.."HEY!I wanna make a record and I wanna make it NIICE!I think I'll do a fundit"

Would my contributions to this thread negatively impact on my dramatic turnaround?

couple of points

1) Crowdfunding as it's being discussed here is an internet phenomenon, isn't it? It eliminates the whole "see the whites of their eyes as they hand over the money" element of pre-pressing patronage/post-pressing buying, so the band doesn't have to feel embarrassed as they receive their friends' hard-earned. It also gets those who don't want to go to a gig to contribute money without leaving the comfort of their sofa. While I like the getting-your-lazy-mates-to-pay bit of this, why not do this after you've made the CD? I think the function, if there is one, of a musician is to get people off their chairs to dance, and not encouraging them to stay rooted their chairs clicking the Paypal button for a CD they won't listen to. It's all very internetty and not a shared buzz. Plus I bet lots of parents and aunties spend on this. That's not what playing music is about.
2) I still have mixed feelings as well. Having recently engaged in a fundraising gig instead of a fundit drive, I'd still have no problem with any bands doing a fundit, so long as they're not doing stuff like "we'll sing an Abba song down the phone to you and then take you on a date". feck it there's worse cunts taking your money and we're all skint. I'd hope that more people would go to gigs though.

plus for funding why do people have to go through an organisation like fundit.ie?

not very DIY is it?

what's to stop you just doing a manual update of your funding status on a blog or something?

couple of points

why not do this after you've made the CD?

If you already have the money to make the CD why the fuck would you be on Fundit ? You greedy bastard

Fund raising gigs are nearly as annoying as fundits. €10 into the fundraising gig and then a few months later another €10 into the launch gig ? Fuck that noise.

plus for funding why do people have to go through an organisation like fundit.ie?

not very DIY is it?

what's to stop you just doing a manual update of your funding status on a blog or something?

I guess people are more likely to send money (especially via a credit card) if they know it's going through a reputable company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back