freebird records (1 Viewer)

count john mccormack claims he loves music, but why isn't he handing over a bag of swag to a record store that's closing down, eh? for that matter why hasn't james joyce saved oh so many bookshops in the last ten years. i'll tell you why, cos they're just lip-serving cunts!

Is the Secret Book and Record Store part of Freebird still going to be there?

I'm always in there.

I never go to the temple bar one, its way too cramped...

The new shop in Mary St, Fuzzy Logic Records, is pretty good it has to be said. Plenty of metal anyway, and classic rock and one or two 'what the fuck!' moments when I saw some krautrock and Albini-produced rarities priced ridiculously low. It has promise, the folks behind it are involved with the Record Fairs Ireland group so the stock is constantly changing. they have stuff on facebook.

cheers lad, only opened 3 weeks ago, so its gonna take a while to get it known and in full swing, but we've had an ok start! your right stock will change a fair bit, and i am part of record fairs ireland, which have a fair in drogheda this weekend btw! (shameless, i know)

on the subject of freebird in temple bar, its a real shame - half my record collection has come from freebird and comet beforehand and its sad to see it go. hopefully they extend their record stock in the secret book store

Is the Secret Book and Record Store part of Freebird still going to be there?

I'm always in there.

I never go to the temple bar one, its way too cramped...

yes (im guessing here)

Whats this now?A price drop in gear?I'll have to query my last invoice.

some junkie down the quays reckoned you can get two bags for 25 euro as opposed to 30 now,make sure your getting value for your money.

"The recent spate of record shop closures in Dublin contines with latest victim Freebird Records announcing its closure this month. According to the Evening Herald, the shop will close on Saturday 28th. This means both branches, the Secret Book & Record Store branch on Wicklow St and the old Comet shop premises on Cope Street."

http://irishrock.org/

This is pretty shit. Will there be any record shops left in five years time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back