freebird records (3 Viewers)

Ah, Motley.

Razor Cuts in the Abbey Mall. Great days.

There were two or three shops weren't there? What was the one down the very back - sold mostly indie stuff. Used to go EVERY Saturday and look through the same vinyl each time. Bug by Dinosaur Jnr and a few Albini ones were what I remember most..

It's mostly tourists and skater/emo folk who illegally download all their music!!

A mate of mine works in the central bank for about 8 years now and had no idea there was ever a record shop in there, he always assumed it was a clothes shop :confused:

No wonder the banks are in trouble. You can see the cds from outside!

What was the one in the basement on Sth William St? It was expensive but they always had great stuff you'd never see anywhere else.

Freak Out, that's the one.

Crappy service seemed to be the default setting for small Dublin record shops back in the day. Don't really remember the Freak Out heads though.

There was one for a very short time on one of the streets between Grafton St and Dawson St. This was just a few years ago. Near the Hibernian Way I think. Anybody remember the name?

that was a Borderline offshoot also called Borderline. Pretty sure it had a yellow shopfront. This was pre-Road as far as I remember.

There were two or three shops weren't there? What was the one down the very back - sold mostly indie stuff. Used to go EVERY Saturday and look through the same vinyl each time. Bug by Dinosaur Jnr and a few Albini ones were what I remember most..

Razor Cuts & Record Collector

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back