freebird records (1 Viewer)

My favourite thing about freakout was the wobbly mirror on the way in.

anybody know anything about a new record shop on mary street? i seen it on facebook or something and i can't find it now

Mary street mall,it's called Fuzzy logic,all 2nd hand but they sell a few record players too(cheap ones). Kinda expensive for the most part but not much not much I'd be into. Time will tell.

So that definite then? Sorry to hear that. I used to love Freebird when it was on eden quay.

I wonder where does Bono buys records?

"I've no doubt the U2 guys will be disappointed," a close pal of Bono said. "They've never forgotten their roots and always look after those who were good to them on their way up.

"I'm sure they will try and go in for one last visit before it closes -- if they are back in Dublin before then.

That's mighty wide of them U2 lads.

Once again,fuck U2,if they really give a shit about indie shops,they could do something as simple as a reissue of the first single or some exclusive recordings or even artwork,exclusive to indie's. Surely the U2 collector's would go banana's for such a release.

Once again,fuck U2,if they really give a shit about indie shops,they could do something as simple as a reissue of the first single or some exclusive recordings or even artwork,exclusive to indie's. Surely the U2 collector's would go banana's for such a release.

Seriously, email Paul McGuinness with that idea.

Like he'd give a shit,and like I have his email.
This is one of those exercises that makes U2 look good in the eye of the general public,making people think they care about the little guy.
People who care about and regularly buy from indies and are u2 fans are probably a rarity these days.

This is one of those exercises that makes U2 look good in the eye of the general public,making people think they care about the little guy.
People who care about and regularly buy from indies and are u2 fans are probably a rarity these days.

I remember Gerry telling me that the Edge used to go into Comet after hours to buy stuff. This would have been mid nineties I think. Used to pick up any local releases from what I remember being told.

Maybe he did,and fair play if he did,but record shops in general need a little help these days.
It really would be nice if some of those bands who ,intentional or not, had a little help on the way up from indies,gave some help back now when it's needed most.

it will be sad to see that shop unit not being a record shop anymore, since i was a kid i used to get the train up to dublin with comet and freebird at o'connell bridge being the purposes of my visit

its a damn shame

you're right, this is u2's fault. fuck them. and stephen ireland. he's rich, right? have i ever seen him in freebird? have i fuck. and mary harney, the fat fuck. where does she buy her vinyl. not freebird, that's for sure. and you know who else, ronnie van sant. where's that cunt when freebird is closing down, eh? dead or something.

yeah, cunts.

No, this is the Herald making stories up by talking to an unsourced 'pal' of U2.
Read the damn piece before getting your knickers in a knot.

deadly idea

Predictable U2 bickering aside, this is very sad news. I used to love Freebird, but had a sneaking suspician they were fucked when they moved to Temple Bar. The shop just didn't have the same vibe as a basement on O'Connell St. The bit of Freebird at the back of the book shop near Tower always made me sad so I stopped going in there earlier this year.

Was never a big fan of Borderline as I felt they always over-priced things, but it is equally sad to see it go.

The new shop in Mary St, Fuzzy Logic Records, is pretty good it has to be said. Plenty of metal anyway, and classic rock and one or two 'what the fuck!' moments when I saw some krautrock and Albini-produced rarities priced ridiculously low. It has promise, the folks behind it are involved with the Record Fairs Ireland group so the stock is constantly changing. they have stuff on facebook.

I think if shops stick out this cycle, they'll get through it. Sure, no one is buying discs and cds now, but as technology passes itself out there'll surely be pride in owning a record. If you were in a band you'd hardly show your kid your iPod and say "I made that record". I think physical purchasing will come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back