For anyone who can watch ITV/UTV (2 Viewers)

Sprinkles said:
am i the only person alive who hates that movie? its just so....well bad! its predictable and boring and ARNOLD SCHWARTZENAGER (or however you spell that) is in it! so you KNOW the actings bad!
no way man. predator is a timeless classic exploring the true nature of the still-controversial US covert operations in South America during the late 70's and 1980s. that it was made at all in the mainstream is a testament to its genius. intrigue, double-cross, and a great multi-racial cast ensured that the subversive and often satirical message hits home.

oh, and there's a bit of a sci-fi undertone/subplot about a giant lizard that hunts humans for their skulls. some sort of subtle comment on the struggle between technology and nature, i believe.

Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff will make you a god damnned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me!

[throttling Dillon]
Dutch: You set us up! It was bullshit, all of it!

classic stuff

Steeck arrownd!

Sprinkles said:
am i the only person alive who hates that movie? its just so....well bad! its predictable and boring and ARNOLD SCHWARTZENAGER (or however you spell that) is in it! so you KNOW the actings bad!
Hey man, fuck you.

Anyway, it was always better when RTE showed it after 12 at night. UTV cut out the best bits, like where Blaine gets blasted through the chest and blood goes on the camera, and when Dillon gets his hand chopped off by the invisible predator and it lands on the ground...still holding and firing the gun! Fuckin classic.

Corm said:
Steeck arrownd!

Hey man, fuck you.

Anyway, it was always better when RTE showed it after 12 at night. UTV cut out the best bits, like where Blaine gets blasted through the chest and blood goes on the camera, and when Dillon gets his hand chopped off by the invisible predator and it lands on the ground...still holding and firing the gun! Fuckin classic.
yeah and then in the next shot you can clearly see Carl Weathers is holding his arm against his back.

except beat rocky ;)

oh and you can't talk about arnie without mentioning commando. only beaten by the rambo and rocky series as the best action film ever because of -

"don't disturb my friend...he's dead tired"

the "shopping" scene

and the last 20 odd minutes of pure fucking death!

genius!

"This Green Berets gonna kick your ass"
"I eat Green Berets for breakfast."

"How am I supposed to know if they're coming, by smelling them?"
"I did."

"Oi don't need the gun John. Oi can kill you! Oi'm gonna kill you naaoooowwww!!!!!!"

"Let off some steam, Bennett"

Commando rules because it has the most ridiculous bad guy ever (The chain-mail vest says it all) and he has my surname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back