For anyone who can watch ITV/UTV (4 Viewers)

i way prefer tremors to breakfast club and commando! it's not as good as predator but about the same as conan. i have no idea where total recall fits into all of this. but it's there somewhere. johnny cab is the man. tremors 2 was on the other night/week and it was way better than i expected. the guy from family ties is killer.

andrew
ps - i have a band called tremors.
pps - fuck labyrinth and fuck david bowie. legend rules balls.

uh huh. main board is shit today. nobody to out as a nazi. wah wah wah.
fletch lives was on last night but i fell asleep half way through - does anyone know if he was convicted of the murder at the end?

andrew

I always get the Fletch films mixed up, but they are brilliant, superb 80s films.

I love that bit in Tremors where they are trying to think of a name for the monsters, Graboids! Closely followed by "Maybe they'll stay away from here. Maybe they'll just leave us alone!"
Class.

yeah - that scene rules. mang, if you asked most people "oh who pretty much dominated being an old asian guy in the 80s (in flims)?" they'd be like "oh pat morita obviously! hehe wax on wax off duhhh!!" - so wrong. he sucked so much*. victor wong on the other hand....i wish i was friends with john carpenter.

andrew
* relative to victor wong

ps - FAO: any of my friends: why aren't you as cool as john carpenter? losers.

oh yeah - the first fletch is the one with the guy from animal house and the police are using homeless people to traffic drugs and there's a murder to be solved or something.
the second one is the one where he inherits a mansion in tennesse and there's some religious guy trying to buy up all the land and there's a murder to be solved or something.

M.BISON said:
yeah - that scene rules. mang, if you asked most people "oh who pretty much dominated being an old asian guy in the 80s (in flims)?" they'd be like "oh pat morita obviously! hehe wax on wax off duhhh!!" - so wrong. he sucked so much*. victor wong on the other hand....i wish i was friends with john carpenter.

andrew
* relative to victor wong

ps - FAO: any of my friends: why aren't you as cool as john carpenter? losers.
Yup, John Carpenter rules.

Cormcolash said:
The Breakfast Club is a big pile of shite, and you aren't allowed to even mention it on my action film thread. However Planes Trains and Automobiles is acceptable, as is any John Candy Golden Era film.
I don't know what kind of upbringing you had to dis 'the club' the way you just did. I feel violated. Only your Belushi picture redeemed you. As a great man might say "We're on a mission from God". The scene with the penguin and the last half hour. Gee-nee-us!

I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

XjohnnyX said:
http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/80saction/commando.html

the rest of the site is amazing too with the 80s action film reviews.

i was gonna say "yeah but they left out 'they live' (rowdy roddy piper)" but they didn't! http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/80saction/theylive.html

theyliveformaldehyde.jpg
they_1.jpg

You see them on the street.
You watch them on TV.
You might even vote for one this fall.
You think they're people just like you.
You're wrong......Dead wrong.

"We are living in an artificially induced state of consciousness that resembles sleep
The poor and the underclass are growing.
Racial justice and human rights are nonexistent.

They have created a repressive society and we are their unwitting accomplices ...their intention to rule rests with the annihilation of consciousness.

We have been lulled into a trance.

They have made us indifferent, to ourselves, to others, we are focused only on our own gain.
They are safe as long as they are not discovered ...that is their primary method of survival.
Keep us asleep, keep us selfish, keep us sedated...they are dismantling the sleeping middle class.

More and more people are becoming poor.
We are their cattle.
We are being bred for slavery."

the live now thats a classic, will ya shut up with your predator and the like, oh yeah steveblunt i think my sister would wnat to have your wee babies if she knew you liked labyrinth, and leave david bowie alone, those spandex trousers fit him like a glove, a glove with some bollocks in it!

gloves aren't meant to have bollox in them, can you imagine, going up to shake hands with yr future parents-in-law or similar, a big pair of lumpy bollocks (and a sad squidgy little willy) introducing them to their lifelong son-in-law. fuckingnasty...

surf nazis must die was a good 'un too.........god knows what we'd be spending our time watching if it wasn't for rob levinge telling us what's what.
YO! cormy's just arrived home! gudnite eirecore!!

we're straaaaaaaaining at the leash (me amebix that ed had for months n months ya bastid)

look i explained that i was confused at having two amebix monolith cd's, i just thought one had grown from the other through the power of the amebix.

and levinge's choices range from excellant to downright shite

Re: I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

nooly said:
i was gonna say "yeah but they left out 'they live' (rowdy roddy piper)" but they didn't! http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/80saction/theylive.html

theyliveformaldehyde.jpg
they_1.jpg

You see them on the street.
You watch them on TV.
You might even vote for one this fall.
You think they're people just like you.
You're wrong......Dead wrong.

"We are living in an artificially induced state of consciousness that resembles sleep
The poor and the underclass are growing.
Racial justice and human rights are nonexistent.

They have created a repressive society and we are their unwitting accomplices ...their intention to rule rests with the annihilation of consciousness.

We have been lulled into a trance.

They have made us indifferent, to ourselves, to others, we are focused only on our own gain.
They are safe as long as they are not discovered ...that is their primary method of survival.
Keep us asleep, keep us selfish, keep us sedated...they are dismantling the sleeping middle class.

More and more people are becoming poor.
We are their cattle.
We are being bred for slavery."
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back