Fontaines DC (6 Viewers)

Another song that you think is good because you have an emotional connection to /restaurant reference ?
Hmm hard to say. It's another song from my early 40s when I was in a kinda golden age of my life, and me and Mrs. egg_ used to dance our asses off to shit like this on a Saturday night when the kids were in bed.

Would I like it if it wasn't from then? Possibly? Some things just scratch my itches unexpectedly. For example this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have no emotional connection to this one, saw some lad covering it in a bar when I was away with work and looked it up after. I hated the sound of it, but got sucked in by the melody and it ended up being my most listened to song of 2023 (and Burna Boy my most listened to artist)

On some level I guess I just don't get caring about something that you don't care for

Like I don't care for Love Island or the music of Ed Sheeran or the ongoing deluge of horror films - all these popular things that a lot of other people seem to put great store in

I just leave them be, if it's not good, it's kinda not interesting
It's interesting as to why they're popular, but I don't get openly railing against them

I may be reading it wrong, but a lot of posters here seem to think it important to have a declared position on the musical output of the Fontaines.
And "It's not for me, thanks" won't cut it.
Like the terrain of the hatred for these guys must be described.
Like this need to have a public position on a band. It seems like something 20-somethings do.

Just a weird thing to want to complain about.
WHO DO YA LIKE BETTER, FONTAINES OR MURDER CAPITAL???

After a quick listen to the murder capital, I'm going to vote....the murder capital.
The music is better on the songs and accent is less over bearing.
Although you could say it's not as distinctive as the Fontaine's.

There's a history of bands who are lacking self awareness and believe their own hype being ridiculed on thumped. Not just popular artists - plenty of them were nobody wannabes.
Their arrogance overwhelms any music they produce and I can't remember any of them being good.

There's a history of bands who are lacking self awareness and believe their own hype being ridiculed on thumped.
bands need these things to function.
100% bullshit.
I have given less than 10 thumbs down on thumped but this is an automatic one.
How many bands have you played in?
These are horrible qualities for anyone to have.
I have no creative skills other than what you see on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back