Fontaines DC (2 Viewers)

Ah, they have fallen into the bloated world that I am on the periphery of. Everyone is very talented and lovely btw. But generally rubbish at sweeping floors. All terribly important people, I'm sure. But again, lovely.

Francis Street Gyoza

It is kinda funny that they got a stylist who has them dressed up like something out of a comic book Clockwork Orange

But the song is undeniably good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have no idea about Kasabian. I like one song. If their own fans don't like them, then fine. Sad.
These guys do fine live though.

NME loves this tune. But that's probably written by 20-year-old un paid bloggers now.
General concensus is that everyone here hates this tune cos its fake/shit/Kasabian. But we're all old.
So who knows?

This sounds like a guy trying to write the very best lyrics he can and a band trying to remain relevant. That's truthful to me. And when art is truthful, it's good.

The real test for me is when I hear it on the radio and don't recognise it right away, but think "What's this? I love this. WHat is it again?"

The song is therefore good.

I have no idea about Kasabian. I like one song. If their own fans don't like them, then fine. Sad.
These guys do fine live though.

NME loves this tune. But that's probably written by 20-year-old un paid bloggers now.
General concensus is that everyone here hates this tune cos its fake/shit/Kasabian. But we're all old.
So who knows?

This sounds like a guy trying to write the very best lyrics he can and a band trying to remain relevant. That's truthful to me. And when art is truthful, it's good.

The real test for me is when I hear it on the radio and don't recognise it right away, but think "What's this? I love this. WHat is it again?"

The song is therefore good.

An underrated movie... I think... it's been a while.

It’s probably been said already (but I just saw the poster now) but they’ve sold out the 3arena and have an extra date added.
They might be a bit shit but they’re Irish shit, so fair fucks to them.

It’s probably been said already (but I just saw the poster now) but they’ve sold out the 3arena and have an extra date added.
They might be a bit shit but they’re Irish shit, so fair fucks to them.

isn't that the byline for hot press?

but yeah - fair fucks. I saw them years ago and thought - these guys have something.

Ooh! Just watching the video here and fuck me that's a banger, and I just realised they reference the restaurant (Le Meurice) that me and Mrs. egg_ went to for her 30th birthday (was amazing fyi (if you're into food that isn't oatmeal))

Another song that you think is good because you have an emotional connection to /restaurant reference ?

An underrated movie... I think... it's been a while.

It was kinda a thrill hearing Niggas In Paris for the first time and hearing that clip
Like a little thrill of world's colliding or something

Got Otis on now
When Kanye is on, man is he ever on.

On some level I guess I just don't get caring about something that you don't care for

Like I don't care for Love Island or the music of Ed Sheeran or the ongoing deluge of horror films - all these popular things that a lot of other people seem to put great store in

I just leave them be, if it's not good, it's kinda not interesting
It's interesting as to why they're popular, but I don't get openly railing against them

I may be reading it wrong, but a lot of posters here seem to think it important to have a declared position on the musical output of the Fontaines.
And "It's not for me, thanks" won't cut it.
Like the terrain of the hatred for these guys must be described.
Like this need to have a public position on a band. It seems like something 20-somethings do.

Just a weird thing to want to complain about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back