Fontaines DC (6 Viewers)

What's real?
So they're not from the Liberties. But Paul Weller ain't from Chigaco, he's from the Surrey Delta (which isn't a real thing, it confused me too), like a whole bunch of other white English guys. None of them from New Orleans or Harlem or Missisippi.

The Band are mostly Canadian, but play the most Americany music that American music can be.

The Pogues are London based.

I don't know what my point is. Music moves I suppose.
you forgot Nick Cave and Tom Waits.

so the singer of FDC is from Skerries and the rest of them aren't from Dublin?
I hope we had fun taking the piss out of the them, as they got 581 posts out of us.

Before anyone else gets in there, that was a pretty silly misspelling of Chicago on my part. Balls out.

This is a fairly decent approximation of the Whipping Boy sound but his vocal delivery is bizarre. It's like he's doing a comedy impression of a Dublin accent in parts of it. I know I've joked about him/them before but it really jars how awkward it sounds, "the lights they gaw ekauw, ekauwwwww!" In fact, his vocals remind me of some Irish trad or Irish trad punk bands from other countries where the lead singer approximates an Irish accent.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lads..on first listen..this is good. Its their best track yet in fact.

And yer man has charisma. I'm in favour of it!

And yeah..it reminds me of before u2 went worldwide, when they were fucking awesome

These boys could be on to something

I had no interest in the Whipping Boy at that time,and still don't, ..a lot of my friends loved them mind you..in fact one of them was their manager

I can see why young ones would like it. And your man's giving it the old, tortured irish writer, to get girls. What's more authentic than that?

Their best track is still Big, not this "i discovered a chorus pedal" nonsense, but you have to keep moving forward i guess, and good for them.

As for "the kids" liking them, is that the case? Circa just-before-the-pandemic their crowds were pretty grey bearded.

Maybe Weller not being from Chicago is why his music kind of went to shit when he stopped signing about the suburbs or against Thatcher?

Their best track is still Big, not this "i discovered a chorus pedal" nonsense, but you have to keep moving forward i guess, and good for them.

As for "the kids" liking them, is that the case? Circa just-before-the-pandemic their crowds were pretty grey bearded.

Maybe Weller not being from Chicago is why his music kind of went to shit when he stopped signing about the suburbs or against Thatcher?
I'm a big fan of Liberty Belle. Its Libertines-tastic

eir best track is still Big, not this "i discovered a chorus pedal" nonsense, but you have to keep moving forward i guess, and good for them.

I think he just stopped being an angry young man. Because he got older and wealthier. And fair play, it'd be embarrassing if he was doing Eton Rifles 2022.

I think he just stopped being an angry young man. Because he got older and wealthier. And fair play, it'd be embarrassing if he was doing Eton Rifles 2022.
It may not have worked, but at least he can say he tried

Just reread the thread, apparently i liked the second album in the end?

I hope they top the charts worldwide, why not. Let's hear them write a 2022 Every Breath You Take, come on lads, up your game to the levels of Sting and Elton John.

Last edited:
dc-fontana-writers-guild.png

It's not a race, all bands do their thing but this band seems to do what Fontaines do but much better.

It's not a race, all bands do their thing but this band seems to do what Fontaines do but much better.

ALS are tremendous. A major difference between them and Fontaines DC is that ALS sing about things they know about, have experienced, and have seen first hand. Fontaines DC are from the Bryan MacFadden school of making shit up about shit they're vaguely aware of.

life ain't always easy.

@rettucs you're being ridiculous and you know it. The fucking Beatles are from that school as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back