Foggy Notions Presents...Atlas Sound, Whelan's, Nov 21 (2 Viewers)

he wasn't off his tits. doesn't even drink. it's kind of the way he is

He wasn't!? I thought at first he was just really really tired but everyone I spoke to kept going on about how wasted he was so I kinda figured I'd just missed that and that he was actually on something. Wow, sorry. I knew he doesn't drink but he does indulge in various substances, at least that's the impression I got anyway from various interviews. I enjoyed the gig anyway and hopefully he'll be back soon

Some interview

4. Most scary thing to happen at a gig?

Another one was with Atlas Sound and I had a band touring with me and we were in San Fransisco - I don't drink alcohol or do any drugs - but in San Fransisco I kind of fell off the wagon and got really, really wasted.

in between songs he mentioned having taken some peyote. he was probably just goofing around. i really enjoyed it. I love the Atlas Sound stuff way more than Deerhunter though. A lot of people seemed pissed off.

Pure spectacle.Iv never seen someone thrive so much on attention,and be so awkward courting it!
Really enjoyed the gig anyway.thought it was deadly.
Hulk were a total unexpected treat too.

I wasnt going to go even though I had a ticket already but the X Factor pushed my hungover arse of the cough. It was so unbelievable amazing, after seeing the first 3 deerhunter show (which went from violently awesome at the first show to dull and boring by the third) in Ireland and hearing about the last deerhunter show with angkorwat ("shitttt"). I was not expecting much from him expectually on his own. Straight from the of, totally controlled sonic wizardry from a man with a fecking acoustic guitar, mouth organ and a couple of pedals.

in between songs he mentioned having taken some peyote. he was probably just goofing around.
He was clearly having fun with us, like all great entertainers. I thought he seemed so happy on stage which he normally doesn't and that he was enjoying being there, doing the show and bouncing of the warm audience. He cured up my hangover no end.

A lot of people seemed pissed off.
Yeah the same pricks that chatted over hulks set. I can only guess they weren't happy with the unexpected set up of guitar, pedals and no computer or sampler in sight.

One of the best gig Ive been to this year (Skeletons early in the year is also up there).
Cheers foggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back