FNM: i hoped they wouldn't reform... (4 Viewers)

eh...what?

oh yeah... didn't Billy Gould end up playing most of the guitar parts on Angel Dust because Jim wasn't showing up to the studio?
i think that's what he could be referring to... i remembering hearing a rumour about that around the time anyway.

oh yeah... didn't Billy Gould end up playing most of the guitar parts on Angel Dust because Jim wasn't showing up to the studio?
i think that's what he could be referring to... i remembering hearing a rumour about that around the time anyway.

From a FNM website:

Bill Gould says "To make a long story short-- Jim wrote very few of the parts on Angel Dust. In fact, the tension and difficulty due to his lack of contribution on that album had a lot to do with his eventual ouster. Having said that, I'd rather not go song by song through who wrote what. For the record I'm happy to leave it that all of the songs on Angel Dust were FNM songs, meaning, written by all of the members equally, including Jim like the credits say."

i think they'd fill the point.

they'll play that godforsaken shitfest out in punchestown though.

I always liked the songs on Introduce Yourself but always wanted them to be rerecorded with Mike Patton on them. Although I do remember liking the We Care A Lot album just the way it was. As The Worm Turns and Arabian Disco are great songs. I sold my copy of that years ago to buy beer to go to a party.

I always liked the songs on Introduce Yourself but always wanted them to be rerecorded with Mike Patton on them. Although I do remember liking the We Care A Lot album just the way it was. As The Worm Turns and Arabian Disco are great songs. I sold my copy of that years ago to buy beer to go to a party.

Patton's live versions of Mark Bowen, As The Worm Turns and Chinese Arithmetic are incredible.

Great live recording from 1995 here (doesn't have any of those three tunes on it though)

Facebook:

From Faith No More
Yesterday at 11:47pm
The official statement from the band:

Faith No More has always stood out as some sort of unique beast; part dog, part cat--its music almost as schizophrenic as the personalities of its members. When it all worked, it worked really well, even if the chemistry was always volatile. Throughout our 17 years of existence, the mental and physical energy required to sustain this creature was considerable and relentless. Though amicable enough, when we finally split, we all followed paths seemingly destined to opposite ends of the universe.

Yet during the entire 10 years that have passed since our decision to break up we've experienced constant rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting together.

What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've all decided to sit down together and talk about it. And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and made us realize that through all the hard work, the music still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the fact that we might have actually done something right.

Meanwhile we find ourselves at a moment in time with zero label obligations, still young and strong enough to deliver a kickass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff....
BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!

We can only hope that the experience of playing together again will yield results erratic and unpredictable enough to live up to the legacy of FNM.
Who know where this will end or what it will bring up...only the future knows. But we are about to find out!

FAITH NO MORE are:
Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton

The gig in the point with L7 was great, i only went to see if the girl from L7 would pull down her pants again and turned out really liking both bands.

I think I was too young to be allowed to go to The Point, but my dad dropped me & my mates down to the Virgin Megastone record signing the same day as the gig, in our school uniforms. COOL. After queuing for ages, we saw them drive off in a car, thus ending my dreams of meeting heartthrob Patton.

Never did get to see them live, so extremely excited about this news.

I remember Patton being asked about how he felt about the likes of Korn and Limp Bizkit citing him as some sort of Nu Metal Godfather. His response was something like 'don't blame those retards on me.'

I remember Patton being asked about how he felt about the likes of Korn and Limp Bizkit citing him as some sort of Nu Metal Godfather. His response was something like 'don't blame those retards on me.'

Hahahaha classic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back