Florian Fricked (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter 1984
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0
1984 (07 Sep, 2001 01:32 p.m.):
Did you go to Pobail Scoil Iosa, cos your photo looks remarkably like my old Headmaster Mr Cannon

My condolences that you went there, and my congratulations if you didn't develop issues or become a total seeyount.

If I ran a school I'd make boys grow their hair and girls cut theirs.

I went there too. And I have to claim full responsibility for Florian's picture. If one cannot put manners on a headmaster one must at least put mullets on them, albeit using cheap Photoshop trickery.

Pat Callan, Cannon's twerpy elven sidekick, was a bit of a goofball but I have to admit he caught me out good-oh on one occasion.

After a 10 minute break we returned to biology class (with the great Robbie "Metalhead" Harold). Some minutes later Callan knocked on the door and came in. "Who likes Telex bars?" he announced. "ME! ME!" I roared giddily.

"Well then it must have been yourself that dropped this wrapper out in the corridor," he said, grinning from elf-like ear to elf-like ear.

1984 (07 Sep, 2001 01:32 p.m.):
Did you go to Pobail Scoil Iosa, cos your photo looks remarkably like my old Headmaster Mr Cannon

Left that place in 1996, was the only kid in my year to have long hair, quite a task if you knew the headmaster. Still fucking hate the place and actually hated nearly all the teachers but especially hated the students, every single one was a ponce or snob you have to add the fact of my ever increasing teenage angst, damn you kurt, damn you to HELL!!!!!!

Tell ya wha' tho I'd give dat Ms Gannon a roide ;) What a schoolboy fantasy.

Are you still in the school? What year did you leave? Does Ms Gannon still work there :)

Actually, Herr '84, I left that kip in 1989, so I must confess to havin never heard of Mrs. Gannon. Tho' I'd most certainly give 'er one.
I had a similar experience of Cannon though. I showed up for school one day, having just got my hair cut, 'cos the cunt had been harrassing me for ages about it. He accosted me in the corridor to ask me about my hair.
"So, Mr. Fricked, what are we going to do about your hair", he said in his annoying nordy nose-twang
"But I just got it cut, sir", I told him.
"IT'S HALFWAY DOWN YOUR BACK FOR GOD'S SAKE!!", he bellowed.

It barely touched my collar.

Anne O'Malley (07 Sep, 2001 02:46 p.m.):
(with the great Robbie "Metalhead" Harold)

He was a fucking gorilla, constant 5 o'clock shadow up to his eyes, thick as shit. Same with Mr Griffin a builder come teacher so basically you never learnt anything and if you were listening you couldn't understand him it's kinda like a Dr's Handwriting you can only understand it if your in the trade.

Mr Callin reminds me of a cartoon character, Elmer Fudd, or Dr Snugglepuss with his talking brollie and giraffes in the clouds, great cartoon.

Florian and I left in 1989, ancient kunce that we are.

I met some good people there but, yeah, I also met a fantastic array of gimps. Strange school - a mixture of posh, stuck-up arrivistes, oddball freaks and blotchy rough-heads from council estates who hunted with shotguns and threatened to knee-cap you if you looked at them funny (well, they did me anyway).

I felt the mixture was healthy, I have to say, even if the gimpery was everywhere in evidence.

Some of the teachers were fascists (Burke, McConnell et al) but some were cool: McEvitt is a man I will be happy never to forget: a brilliant, funny, sad guy with an infectious love of language. He seemed to be excommunicated by 90% of the school...

I don't remember a Gannon...er, hang on, was she one of the religion teachers?

1984 (07 Sep, 2001 02:47 p.m.):
Left that place in 1996, was the only kid in my year to have long hair, quite a task if you knew the headmaster. Still fucking hate the place and actually hated nearly all the teachers but especially hated the students, every single one was a ponce or snob you have to add the fact of my ever increasing teenage angst, damn you kurt, damn you to HELL!!!!!!

Tell ya wha' tho I'd give dat Ms Gannon a roide ;) What a schoolboy fantasy.

Are you still in the school? What year did you leave? Does Ms Gannon still work there :)

, was the only kid in my year to have long hair, quite a task if you knew the headmaster. Still fucking hate the place and actually hated nearly all the teachers but especially hated the students, every single one was a ponce or snob

Yay! Respect...There are tears on my keyboard. I would also add bully to ponce and snob. No school is free from fuckers but as you say it seemed like every single student there was out to get you if you were different in any way. With the popularity of soccer, mtv and general corporate brainwashing of the young these days I shudder to think what it's like now.

i left in 92 and still remember miss Gannon fondly at night...

Sheesh, you boys had it rough. Maybe the place got worse since Florian and I were there.

Or maybe I'm just nostalgic 'cos it's been over 12 years since I was forced to walk its grim, fuzz-lined corridors...

Still, education's a violent thing, init?

Daveor (07 Sep, 2001 03:40 p.m.):
, was the only kid in my year to have long hair, quite a task if you knew the headmaster. Still fucking hate the place and actually hated nearly all the teachers but especially hated the students, every single one was a ponce or snob

Yay! Respect...There are tears on my keyboard. I would also add bully to ponce and snob. No school is free from fuckers but as you say it seemed like every single student there was out to get you if you were different in any way. With the popularity of soccer, mtv and general corporate brainwashing of the young these days I shudder to think what it's like now.

i left in 92 and still remember miss Gannon fondly at night...

Left that place in 1996, was the only kid in my year to have long hair, quite a task if you knew the headmaster.

i think all headmasters were bollix's for that whole long hair thing

they never seemed to bother the mullets mind..

they were all usually footballers though
bastards

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back