Florence + Machine no likey (1 Viewer)

her voice does my head in. had to go watched at her primavera and it just sounded like a cat yelping for most of time.

I didn't mind her at first, not my cup of tea or anything, but it didn't bother me. After being subjected to her pretty much constantly I've started to hate the sound of her voice. After listening to a few of her songs properly I actually don't get the hype at all.

Warbly American Idol-esque nonsense.

Still, there's worse acts out there. On Ads. Promoting Ireland.

i like lungs, but i've never seen her live. any live performances i've seen on TV seemed... ropey.

except this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Her voice is just... like its unusual, and when I first heard her I went 'oh okay' but after a second and a third listen its just too ngaahgyr. Grating. Its just about in tune. Those kind of voices that constantly linger in the tiny space between bang on and sharp. And I hate that sound because it hurts my ears.

That said I did enjoy her cover of 'Postcards from Italy'. 'Kiss with a Fist' is relatively fun and when it was played in 'St. Trinians 2' I thought, yes, this is right. This song should live here and I will enjoy it within these parameters. Aside from that I think her own material is weak.

'Kiss with a Fist' was in that film Wild Child back in 2008. Wild Child was a deadly film actually, pity they censored the bit where they get drunk.

There you go, my opinion, for free.

I liked Wild Child too! Though I found the gentleman lust-object a bit of a paltry effort. But it had Juno Temple and I agree with her in general. And they censored the bit where they get drunk? I only saw it on DVD so I did not know that! How strange!
Actually maybe it was Wild Child not St Trinians then...

Yeah, I figured St. Trinian's was rubbish enough to have only caught up in late 2009. Juno Temple is deadly alright. Daisy Donavan was in it as well, she's still great imho

I actually came to really like the lust object fella, if you watch the extras he's all 'Yeah, so I hadn't worked in about 2 years so I was pretty happy when this part came up', I don't think he's worked since either ;_;

in regards getting drunk, according to the wiki

Wild Child was reportedly written to be classified 15 by the BBFC but was edited to a 12A for moderate language and sex references and by the MPAA to a PG-13 by for some coarse and suggestive content, sex references and language - all involving teens. Because of lapses in the story, such as Poppy retrieving a 'mystery' bag from a bottleshop which was then drunk by the girls before the dance, people have speculated as to which scenes may have been cut. It is also expected that some scenes may have been either re-shot or dubbed to eliminate coarse language. Other scenes could have possibly been extended including the scene with Ruby and Poppy's boyfriend going to the pool.

Pity really, it could have been everything St. Trinian's wasn't, including 'a good film'.

with i is john on this - one or two really great tunes that in ten years time when they come on the radio (or futuristic equivalent) ill turn - but overhyped. possibly better than a lot of her ilk.

does more for me than prototypical jangly scotish indie bands from the 90s.

Ah I feel sorry for him now. Emma Roberts is quite likable too, in an odd way. I saw her first in 'Lymelife' and quite liked her so I think I quite wanted to like Wild Child. I'm a bit of a sucker for that type of film though. And yes, Daisy Donovan is quite great. I kind of liked all the girls in it.

you've got the love is utterly pointless. she brings nothing new to the song, except not being able to hold a tune. the rest of her stuff is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back