Film chat (4 Viewers)

There was a lady sitting a couple rows back in the cinema last night that said Jesus! every time she was surprised by another unsurprising thing (which was often). I fully loved her by the end of the film.

There was a lady sitting a couple rows back in the cinema last night that said Jesus! every time she was surprised by another unsurprising thing (which was often). I fully loved her by the end of the film.
I was once seated near an older couple and he kept asking her what had happened. It's the kind of thing I should have hated, but they were adorable.
Like she'd explain something and he'd go "oh" then the penny would fully drop on the implications and he'd go "OHHH" and she'd go "Yup"
Or one of them would just say "that was mean" when someone would shoot someone else in the film. Two of them eating out of a plastic bag of popcorn they brought themselves.
I was leaning in to them by the end.

I really should write these fucking things down when they happen

Just back from Blade Runner at the cinema. Just great.

Got this in HMV before the film started. Now I'm worried I've spent too much.
Oh well

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

12961541_10153355459536394_4968390234257970457_n.jpg

Film4 is showing Filth tomorrow evening.
I thought the main character's cross dressing was meant to be revealed at the end, but they show lots of shots of those scenes in their trailer [/spolier]

I don’t think Ridley Scott is that great a choice to direct either, although I did like The Counsellor.
Yeah, at least he has form like.

I don't dislike Franco. Just, like you said, you only get one shot at these things and you'd like someone that had mastered their craft.

I don't like the term "unfilmable" but I don't see how you can do that book justice on screen and make it into a big film that will make money back. It would have to go to someone who would be poetic and utterly uncompromising but can be trusted with a decent budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back