Film chat (7 Viewers)

Always say something. if they wanna text that badly they can take it outside.
I say this as a non-cinema goer, whether that strengthens or weakens my opinion I'm not sure.
It's awkward, but i always feel better if I say something.

This is from someone that has also pegged M&Ms at people and followed a kid out to the jacks and threatened him. Not my finest hour.

It's awkward, but i always feel better if I say something.

This is from someone that has also pegged M&Ms at people and followed a kid out to the jacks and threatened him. Not my finest hour.

You gotta try at least. Any time I've challenged people over their behaviour (not often in fairness) they've complied.

haaahahaha. this i gotta hear!
I was at some afternoon show of something or other and a pair of 12-year-olds rocked in after a half hour and wouldn't shut up

I see one of them go out to the jacks and I follow him, all fit to be tied like
I tell him that if his and his mate don't shut the fuck up they will fucking know all about it. He's speechless.

Then I go back to my seat after missing who-knows how many minutes of the film

Can't stop thinking that I've given them plenty of time to text all their brothers and uncles while I sit there watching whatever it was

When I left, the two of them were waiting for me, but just seemingly to point me out to the other one.
I gave them a 'what the fuck are you looking at stare' and walked on.
There was some introspection and not a little reevaluation later that evening on how a grown man properly conducts himself in such situations

I was at some afternoon show of something or other and a pair of 12-year-olds rocked in after a half hour and wouldn't shut up

I see one of them go out to the jacks and I follow him, all fit to be tied like
I tell him that if his and his mate don't shut the fuck up they will fucking know all about it

Then I go back to my seat after missing who-knows how many minutes of the film

Can't stop thinking that I've given them plenty of time to text all their brothers and uncles while I sit there watching whatever it was

When I left, the two of them were waiting for me, but just seemingly to point me out to the other one.
I gave them a 'what the fuck are you looking at stare' and walked on.
There was some introspection later that evening on how a grown man properly conducts himself
amazing

I just move seats (if there are any available)... and make a point of it.. tutting and huffing and making hard work of gathering my coat etc.
that's what i did, although i wish i'd taken @7 - No tomorrow 's route. not that i'd threaten a strange woman in a darkened movie theatre. i'm kicking myself for not saying something though.

that's what i did, although i wish i'd taken @7 - No tomorrow 's route. not that i'd threaten a strange woman in a darkened movie theatre. i'm kicking myself for not saying something though.
I find politeness works one-on-one
People almost don't know they're doing it and will apologise and stop
If they persist afterwards, you have no real recourse. Asking them again is a verbal argument or a physical one and you're then ruining the movie on yourself more than they are.
If there's seats at that point I'll move, but usually I'll just put my hand up to my face to block the light or whatever else works at that point

Wishing you said something and/or hoping they'll stop is a hell I don't like

if you're with a bird, you're almost obligated to say something

I had a proper blazing row with this big American lady who was having a regular conversation on her phone in the seat in front of me
"Oh, nuthin' I'm at a movie. What you at?"
This kind of crack.

I went straight into "Can you get off the phone, we're trying to watch a movie here"
She comes back with "Get outta my face, nigga, the movie's nearly over anyway"
"Egg-fucking-zackly! We want to see what fucking happens!"
At that point like 4 other random people were backing me up so she backed her ass down. Almost went full Jerry Springer though.

Last edited:
I love when Lynch gets passionate about films and starts swearing
tumblr_menyvwVfgI1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Anyone ever heard of this?
It's a different Phil Collins. Not the one that's a symbol for naffness.

Phil Collins: Tomorrow Is Always Too Long

Phil Collins: Tomorrow Is Always Too Long
Screening + Talk
Apr 7, 2016, 6 pm

Level 0, Lecture Hall

The feature-length film Tomorrow Is Always Too Long by Phil Collins has been described as a “modern day city symphony” and “love letter” to Glasgow. A paean to Scotland’s largest urban center, the film effortlessly interweaves a range of voices from institutions and communities that define the complex character of the city. Collins combines original and archival footage into an imaginary media landscape. In between Paul Robeson’s May Day visit to Glasgow in 1960 and adult silhouette animations by Matthew Robins, impromptu broadcasts shot in a disused TV studio and bursts of electronic soundtrack by Mogwai’s Barry Burns, a cast of non-professional Glaswegians perform songs by Cate Le Bon with an accompaniment by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. The film’s diverse but unified character mirrors the city’s inhabitants, who unexpectedly burst into song amid a sensory overload of public-access-style channel surfing. This rich and thoroughly collaborative effort brings together a cross-section of voices–from schools, hospitals, public parks, nightclubs, and a prison–into a single filmic space. Moving gracefully among the genres of musical, documentary, and animation, Collins majestically captures how ordinary aspects of everyday life can take on extraordinary and poignant proportions.

Introduced by James Voorhies, the John R. and Barbara Robinson Family Director of the Carpenter Center.

Mark your calendars: April 7! Phil Collins in person at the Carpenter Center to screen his feature-length film Tomorrow Is Always Too Long (82 min.) followed by a talk with the artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back