Film chat (3 Viewers)

Amy Adams is too good for it.
Indeed!
It also gave me the realisation that Christoph Waltz can only play one character. His performances are completely interchangeable in anything I've seen him in.

Although, only having seen him in the two Tarantino movies it's possible Burton did not hesitate to let him just phone it in. How is he in the Polanski movie? My movie is on "same as in everything else", but maybe I'm wrong!

Indeed!
It also gave me the realisation that Christoph Waltz can only play one character. His performances are completely interchangeable in anything I've seen him in.

Although, only having seen him in the two Tarantino movies it's possible Burton did not hesitate to let him just phone it in. How is he in the Polanski movie? My movie is on "same as in everything else", but maybe I'm wrong!
Watching it last night, I came to the same realisation. That Polanski film is very good but he's playing a variation on the same character. Maybe it's just the heavy accented delivery? I'd like to think he could more versatile in German speaking roles but I haven't seen him in any and he's got a taste for Hollywood now so it's unlikely we'll see him in one any time soon.

he's the villain in the next bond film. snoooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze
terry gilliam?

"helloooooooooooooooooo, mis-tah bond"

Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg

I'd start with Brazil

Anyone's shout though
Should probably have mentioned I've seen Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Fear and Loathing and The Fisher King.

To watch I have:
Time Bandits
THE Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Lost in Mancha
Tideland
The Zero Theorum

I saw Zero Theorem last year at the Jameson Film Festival, TG was there, and I'm a huge fan so his presence alone - as well as his gregarious personality - kind of made my night.

I thought the film was just awful though. Like a really old man's interpretation of youth culture and technology. It was so dated, it looked like a retro-futuristic movie that would have been made 20 years ago, when he really excelled. Its a pity, it just didn't work for me at all and in the end I fell asleep.

All this talk about who will be the next actor to play Wolverine. Has anyone wondered if the world really needs another wolverine movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back