Film chat (3 Viewers)

I'm reading Strange Conflict right now. The Duke battling Nazi spies on the Astral Plane.
It's great. The upper class stoically keeping the routine of visiting their clubs for drinks while the Blitz goes on all around them.

Picked up The Devil Rides Out and Strange Conflict at the weekend. Really enjoying re-reading TDRO and I've never read Strange Conflict, so really looking forward to getting into that. Nice one, Johnny

Some friends of mine were taught by Noah Baumbach's dad in university in New York. They were telling me the other night that Jeff Daniels' pompous character in The Squid and the Whale is no exaggeration at all, sometimes they weren't sure whether or not he was quoting the movie.

squid_and_the_whale.jpg

just thought you guys might appreciate that factoid

Some friends of mine were taught by Noah Baumbach's dad in university in New York. They were telling me the other night that Jeff Daniels' pompous character in The Squid and the Whale is no exaggeration at all, sometimes they weren't sure whether or not he was quoting the movie.

squid_and_the_whale.jpg

just thought you guys might appreciate that factoid

I appreciate it!

Anyone seen the new Baumbach movie?
I wasn't wild on Frances Ha but am always curious of his work.

I appreciate it!

Anyone seen the new Baumbach movie?
I wasn't wild on Frances Ha but am always curious of his work.
I'm actually the polar opposite. Normally don't have much time for him but loved Frances Ha. Greta Gerwig does a great job of balancing out his misanthropy.

It's good but I felt it fell a bit short in the end. I wanted a different ending, maybe one more with the way I feel right now (more so than the character), which isn't the point. Normally I laugh more than I did with this one. @riath said she felt she was joining me in my mid life crisis therapy session.

Haven't seen Charles Grodin in ages

Glad he's still working
He turned up in the last season of Louie C.K. 's show in a small recurring role as his doctor, probably one of the best parts of that season:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you seen the documentary - Dennis Wheatley: A Letter To Posterity?

Saw that on youtube before one of the people discussing him there actually is M. Morgan who writes some books on Egyptology an Interesting saw an talk by him from last year which was recently put on online

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He seems to be doing a blog about his research in Egypt which look's good
Mandrake Egypt | Khemetic research in Luxor

Last edited:
Proposing a theory that the continued funding of Tim Burton/Johnny Depp movies is the film industry's attempt at self-policing containment.
It seems Tim Burton isn't involved so maybe that'll save it.

Unlikely though.

edit: oh he's producing it. doomed then

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back