Film chat (7 Viewers)

7 - Hey, framing question!
matting is done to keep the print from the glass and give a nice setback look, right?

R - yeah

7 - A friend has framed an expensive print
And he has no matting

R - mostly to keep the print off the glass, though looks are a consideration

7 - I am advising him to change that

R - yeah
if he doesn't like look, they can put in a spacer-like thing under the frame part so that it raises a bit

7 - I think he has the matting behind the print

R - yeah you can put matting behind a print (called "floating") but there should still be something keeping the glass off of the print

i forget what the technical term is- it is like strips of clear plastic that don't show
tell him to keep it out of sunlight until then

7 - ok

7 - Hey, framing question!
matting is done to keep the print from the glass and give a nice setback look, right?

R - yeah

7 - A friend has framed an expensive print
And he has no matting

R - mostly to keep the print off the glass, though looks are a consideration

7 - I am advising him to change that

R - yeah
if he doesn't like look, they can put in a spacer-like thing under the frame part so that it raises a bit

7 - I think he has the matting behind the print

R - yeah you can put matting behind a print (called "floating") but there should still be something keeping the glass off of the print

i forget what the technical term is- it is like strips of clear plastic that don't show
tell him to keep it out of sunlight until then

7 - ok

A friend, you say

AN EVENING WITH PACINO

Bord Gais Energy Theatre Dublin
Sunday 24 May 2015

TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY 1 APRIL AT 9.00am

S2BN Entertainment is pleased to present AN EVENING WITH PACINO, the worldwide acclaimed event, with one of cinema’s most riveting stars, for one night only in DUBLIN at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre on Sunday 24 May.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday 1 April at 9.00am from all usual Ticketmaster outlets and also through eveningwithpacino.com where a limited number of Meet and Greet Experience packages will be available along with a small number of VIP packages that will allow a ticket buyer an intimate experience to travel alongside Al Pacino as he tours from one European destination to another.

AN EVENING WITH PACINO marks a welcome return to Europe following a sold out night at the London Palladium in 2013 and will celebrate one of the most acclaimed careers in acting history in a theatre setting, with the actor himself, as he shares his passion for acting and directing. The evening will explore his time Off-Broadway in the ‘60s right up to the present day, and will include some never heard before stories and some never before seen clips, as well as the rare chance to speak directly with Pacino.

“I’m very excited to be presenting these special events with Al Pacino,” said Michael Cohl, “he is one of the most talented actors of all time and to see him live, in person, and to hear his stories, and watch him go in and out of his most famous characters, is truly a unique experience”.

Al Pacino has created some of the most indelible character portrayals in cinema history, starring in over forty films that include The Godfather Trilogy, Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Scent of a Woman, Sea of Love, Dick Tracy, Heat, Scarface, Any Given Sunday, Donnie Brasco, Angels in America and most recently You Don’t Know Jack and Phil Spector for HBO. He is an eight-time Academy Award nominee and an Oscar Award winner for his performance in Scent of a Woman. His performances for HBO have garnered Golden Globe and Emmy awards for Angels in America and You Don’t Know Jack. He is one of the rare winners of the triple crown of acting: the Oscar, Tony and Emmy Award. He is also the winner of the 2012 National Medal of Arts, AFI Life Achievement Award and American Cinematheque Award.

On one of his previous visits to Ireland, Al Pacino was invited by Trinity College Dublin to accept honorary patronage of the Philosophical Society (The Phil) and paid a visit to the University before addressing the students. With a particular interest in former graduate Oscar Wilde, the actor took a tour around campus visiting the Books of Kells, the Old Library and the Long Room where Wilde would have studied.

With an enduring devotion to acting, Pacino has become one of film and theatre’s most honored players and one of the most famous and loved actors in the world. AN EVENING WITH PACINO is, undoubtedly, an exceptional opportunity to catch an icon in the flesh.

An Evening with Al Pacino, presented by S2BN Entertainment

I like the quote from a critic, think it may have been Kermode, that (to paraphrase) somewhere in the 90s Pacino stopped acting and started shouting.

Good article this. Reminded me of some of the chat we had on here last year around Zero Dark Thirty:
Culture Shock: Social rights and Hollywood wrongs – why Rambo has a lot to answer for
The shouting, hooting, eye rolling. It’s horrendously embarrassing. I’d rather watch Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon do impressions of him than actually watch one of his new films these days.

The shouting, hooting, eye rolling. It’s horrendously embarrassing. I’d rather watch Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon do impressions of him than actually watch one of his new films these days.
Alec Baldwin did a good one as well on Saturday Night Live. The lost Top Gun auditions sketch. He's becoming something of a caricature. So far removed from his quiet, understated performance as, say, Michael Corleone.

Alec Baldwin did a good one as well on Saturday Night Live. The lost Top Gun auditions sketch. He's becoming something of a caricature. So far removed from his quiet, understated performance as, say, Michael Corleone.
He used to do manic shouty little guys really well too – see Dog Day Afternoon.

Watched that, it's good.

Bill Hader (great Alan Alda in that sketch) also does a good Pacino

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watched that, it's good.

Bill Hader (great Alan Alda in that sketch) also does a good Pacino

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bill Hader is probably my favourite comic actor working today

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back