fil ums of 2006 (1 Viewer)

Oh I forgot The Death Of Mr. Lazarescu in my list-possibly my favourite film of 2006. Also forgot The Beat That My Heart Skipped, The Page Turner and C.R.A.Z.Y.

Hi Bladez - I loved the Producers thought they did a deadly job on it - think technically it might be 05 - but then so were some in my list - I would really recomend The Host - weird, weird film...

Oh I forgot The Death Of Mr. Lazarescu in my list-possibly my favourite film of 2006. Also forgot The Beat That My Heart Skipped, The Page Turner and C.R.A.Z.Y.

Interesting I saw the blurb for the first one and it did look kinda nice if a bit strange - you've got me on the rest tho' and I'm a 2-3 films a week saddo!

krossie

Death Of Mr. Lazarescu - really good idea, poorly executed

Beat That My Heart Skipped - really good

I also saw that one that won Cannes, the French one about the guy who sells the baby. Not bad.

Interesting I saw the blurb for the first one and it did look kinda nice if a bit strange - you've got me on the rest tho' and I'm a 2-3 films a week saddo!

krossie

The Beat That My Heart Skipped is a French re-make of James Toback's Seventies thriller 'Fingers'. This version is more economical and tautly directed though. Romain Duris on top form as a gangster's muscle wracked with inner-conflict. The Page Turner is another French film which reminds me of a Haneke plot-all deep-seated violent tendencies beneath a veneer of sang-froid(what is it about French movies & psychotic pianists?).
C.R.A.Z.Y is a French Canadian coming-of-age tale with a superior soundtrack and a wry sense of humour-turns into a bit of a schmaltzfest by the end so perhaps one for the Sunday afternoon hangovers.

[/QUOTE]

First contender for film of 2007.

employeeposter1.jpg

God saw loads of stuff, way too hard to remember, and yiz have all mentioned them already probably, but my personal highlights were (in no order at all):

Hidden
Pans Labyrinth
Junebug
Squid and the Whale (Top top top movie of the year for me)
Red Road
LOUDquietLOUD
The Innocents (an oldie i know, but a new print - does that count? what a great movie!)
That Daniel Johnson docu - was that 06?? christ, can't remember - too much stuff!!!
Oh and Capote I thought was very good - much better than I expected; PSH was class!!

3. Little Miss Sunshine
2. The Departed
1. The Squid and the Whale

Junebug, A Scanner Darkly, Thank you for smoking, Neil Young:Heart of Gold and The Wind that Shakes the Barley were all really good too.

Also think I was the only person, along with my girlfriend, who enjoyed The Break Up

saw very little 2006 movies in 2006.

...spent a lot of time this year revisiting, or watching old favourites....

The Lost Weekend
Five Easy Pieces
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Ghosts of the Civil Dead
Naked
Tokyo Story
Ran
My Darling Clementine
Arsenic and Old Lace
Fat City
The Last Picture Show
Blue in the Face
Harvey
Two Way Stetch
The Basque Ball
Kes

etc.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back