Favourite Pub / Least Favourite Pub (1 Viewer)

again I like the combo action with multiple sitting and standing variations
Daisy's Dukes said:
On a related note, do you prefer to sit or stand in a pub on a night out? My boyfriend and I have an ongoing debate regarding this matter. I personally prefer sitting down if possible, especially if we're going to a club later where I'll be dancing my hind legs off but he believes that sitting down in the pub should be left for the quiet Sunday afternoon recovery pint.
sometimes I do this shit
pSteveSquatReview.jpg

I'm going to have to say the Roisin Dubh is my fav pub.....

but also in galway Neachtains, Blue Note, Garavans...

As for shit pubs, I hate that poxy BarCuba 093*@£
Grrrrrrrrrr....rrr.r.r.r.r.r..r.....gggrrr.

in dublin: lord eddie's, sackville lounge, gaffney's in Fairview, gravediggaz in glasnevin, and the portobello at 2am when it's full of skangballs and you fear for your life. great place for some late whiskeys and seeing mad people, especially on a school night. Leonards corner only because it's close, otherwise it's a bit meh. lower dick for the memories

worst: anywhere like Hogan's or them that's so packed you haven't room to fart, anywhere that blasts shite music so you can't talk, and also any of those places on Dawson Street (is that it) full of people that think they're in sex in the city. hello you're irish, ergot not glamorous.

snakybus said:
worst: anywhere like Hogan's or them that's so packed you haven't room to fart,
The beauty being if you do manage to squeeze one out you get more value for money, its a target-rich environment to borry a phrase oft used by our US military friends.

The Welcome Inn seems to open when he feels like it. I used to go there a lot but got pissed off with him being so strict about ID no matter how old you look. He wouldn't serve you if you're under 30 and hadn't ID even if he knew you and you'd shown him ID the day before.

Daisy's Dukes said:
On a related note, do you prefer to sit or stand in a pub on a night out? My boyfriend and I have an ongoing debate regarding this matter. I personally prefer sitting down if possible, especially if we're going to a club later where I'll be dancing my hind legs off but he believes that sitting down in the pub should be left for the quiet Sunday afternoon recovery pint.
I hate standing in pubs unless they're quiet
when in which case there's plenty seats available

I hate when the people I'm with constantly want to move pubs

Bowe's on Fleet st, cheapish pints (for dublin) and a good chance of a seat.
Long Bar Dalymount Park, Cheapest pints.

Wavioli said:
my favourite pub is the cottage in letterkenny. way too many shit ones to mention.

I'm gonna second the Cottage, quality bar!! Although I nearly always end up in McGinley's.

therecklessone said:
Pardon the pun, but its the new black...
thats fuckin awful:)
best pub: longhall, duffys in malahide, quite like hogans too...ya always get a seat
worst: 4 dame lane, fuckin international. dump.
my 2 cents!

my favourtie two are - Landy's Harp, Ardee and Brian Muldoons Harp. it's mainly because they are quiet pubs, there is a tv on in them but it doesn't interupt the conversation of the people and this is good. quiet music (jukebox) and quiet televisions in pubs are preferable to the loud obnoixous ones. also both pubs have good tiolet facilites and this is greatly welcomed as i go to the tiolet alot

my least favourite 2 are - Indigo, Ardee and Castle Inn, Ardee. while indigo is a nice place, it does suffer alot in my opinion on a saturday night due to ythe loud obnoxious crap cover band playing songs too loud which prohibit people from jhaving a conversation or for getting the orders right for the bar. while there is one bar maid that does get it right as she recognised what i always drink, there are others that would get it wrong and this is annoying.

The castle inn loses major points due to lack of hygenic toilets. the tiolet there are disgusting and alot of the time, this causes a smell to run through the pub that is putrid and this is a big down point. it is also a haven for underage drinkers and the pub has alot of people under 16 in it in my opinion. I think peiople who where 4 classes behind me are regularly there on saturday nights (i'm 20). though there are a few nice bar people who i like and get on well with

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back