Favourite Pub / Least Favourite Pub (2 Viewers)

all pubs are terrible with the exception of
The Welcome Inn back in the day. The Long Hall. That bar where Stoat did the singalong thing. I quite liked Thing Mote when I was there. In the navan there's Birminghams and of course Smyth's on market square.

There should be a Thumped pub crawl where we visit every single pub on this thread. I've nothing to add as all my favourite pubs have been mentioned except ..

The Cobblestone - where the fuck else can you get Dublin Brewing Company beers on tap these days?

The Royal Oak - deadly little pub. If you don't know where it is then I'm not telling you.

The Palace - though I went in there on Saturday evening and got stuck talking to this madman who regaled me with his life story: recent highlights of which included taking redundancy money of 4.5 grand and spending it all on a massive countrywide booze, gambling and hostels bonanza over the Summer. Not surprisingly his wife left him over this and now he has a new girlfriend that he is hoping to seal the deal with by taking her to Barcelona for a weekend. He's quite the catch this guy!

hugh said:
.....this madman who regaled me with his life story: recent highlights of which included taking redundancy money of 4.5 grand and spending it all on a massive countrywide booze, gambling and hostels bonanza over the Summer. Not surprisingly his wife left him over this and now he has a new girlfriend that he is hoping to seal the deal with by taking her to Barcelona for a weekend. He's quite the catch this guy!
that sounds like my sister's ex-husband

did he have a big beer belly and grey hair?

snakybus said:
that sounds like my sister's ex-husband

did he have a big beer belly and grey hair?
em , yeah ...... but don't they all?

P. Littbarski said:
Kennedys is indeed worthy of 4 toilets...but its by the Tara Street Dart.

It looks like this http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/kennedys2.html

Kennedy's is fantastic. Guaranteed a good night there.
Smyth's off Baggot Street (along the canal) is also grand.
McDonagh's in Dalkey will forever be the best pub in the world ever, bar none.

But it's the company you keep - not the bar you're in. I mean I've had good nights in Zanzibar - back when I was fresh-faced and looking dandy in my River Island chinos and polo shirt.

Gong Farmer said:
Kennedy's is fantastic. Guaranteed a good night there.
The place by the Tara St dart station? I went to go in there to meet some people a few years ago and got stopped at the door by a mustachioed bouncer with an enormous swollen belly who said "No, the look is all wrong". All I could do was smile ... went down to Ned's instead (after one of the people I was meeting came out to look for me) and had a deadly night out

Best: The Long Hall
Worst: Anywhere with neon and/or music you have to shout over

Me=old fart

God, pubs are so passay, they carpets are they new pub

kilroydisco2.jpg

Gong Farmer said:
But it's the company you keep - not the bar you're in. I mean I've had good nights in Zanzibar - back when I was fresh-faced and looking dandy in my River Island chinos and polo shirt.
You stylish bastard. At least it wasn't Gap, or is there a skeleton in your closet you're not telling us about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back