Favourite Pub / Least Favourite Pub (3 Viewers)

IFF said:
The castle inn loses major points due to lack of hygenic toilets. the tiolet there are disgusting and alot of the time, this causes a smell to run through the pub that is putrid and this is a big down point.
I was in The Sky and the Ground (Wexford) a couple of weeks back and someone had jammed shit between the toilet seat and the bowl. Nasty.

favourits: freds (cork) lower deck, thing moat,
most disliked: fibbers.
ok(ish) bruxcells

favourits: bia bar ( for its fantastic bear garden and cocktails ), long hall, stags head, auld triangle (for the fear)
most disliked: anseo ( used to be good untill it got popular!bog !bog !bog ), bowes lounge (yeah we have a cocktail camp working here but we dont do cocktails, and some of the rudest bar staff i have ever meet!bog !bog !bog )
thing mote ( god that places smells bad !bog !bog !bog !bog !cheezy )

oh yeah are toilets for good or bad reviews ?

das funkinstein said:
favourits: bia bar ( for its fantastic bear garden and cocktails )
Bear garden? This I must see. As I nonchalantly sip a Cosompolitan.

"The Ungainly and Comical Dancing of the Fully Grown Grizzly Bears (Ursus arctos) provided us with Much Amusement as we imbibed our Absinthe and Smoked Pipes of Opium upon the Verandah. My Companions and I raised our Glasses to Our Esteeméd Host and Toasted a Decadence that hath Never Been so Steeped in the Glorious Folly of Ridicule! A Definitive Triumvirate of Lavatories I must Bequeath upon this Establishment."
Fowlers Eaterie and Public House Guides, 1748

I like the Welcome Inn, Anseo, Grogans, and at the risk of ruining a good thing, J. O'Connell near the Portobello bridge - great quiet pub with good booze and fairly priced, like a country pub.

I dislike most of the rest of them to varying degrees

it's never open on sunday afternoons though. Bah.

We were in Solas last night - it was Quite Good.

kirstie said:
it's never open on sunday afternoons though. Bah.

We were in Solas last night - it was Quite Good.
didn;t Solas used to be the Modern Green Bar? i preferred it as that, great music they did play. mind yew, haven;t been into Solas. i just don't like the big tacky oirish silvery sign outside.

yeah it did. I too dislike the made by a celtic obsessed 1st year core studies student / some macnas hippy from galway with access to an oxy-acetylene torch style sign. Inside is pretty much the same though and the tunes seem to be provided by one of the Helter Shelter guys. So we were treated to Lush and MBV and lots of indie tunes.

+ (downstairs in) nealon's on capel street, nicest barman in the world.
+ mahaffy's on pearse street, you'll always get a seat on saturday night.

- anseo (despite the non-shit music)
- sin e
- anywhere else you have to queue for a drink or is so packed you come home with brusies from being elbowed in the ribs.

i'm an old man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back