favourite game... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4
Ciaran Mackle said:
Give me some credit! I used to love that game when I was like 5 then my Sega Megadrive broke and I got a playstation :(

my megadrive broke too - I accidentally emptied a tall glass of ribena into it while playing it. then, left the thing plugged in for about six hours. came back to find it smoking. poor poor megadrive. still streetfighter sucked on it.

New Zealand Story on the Amiga was my favourite game.

front.145414-0675989719.preview.2.gif

Recently Freedom Fighters on the PS2 was very good.

zub said:
New Zealand Story on the Amiga was my favourite game.

front.145414-0675989719.preview.2.gif

Recently Freedom Fighters on the PS2 was very good.

oh my god I totally forgot that game!! I loved it so much!!

by the by - Freedom Fighters is fucking deadly. music is fab too. I love that Jesper Kyd guy!!

My most fave games ever have to be the Silent Hill series. Scary as fook, and great freaky graphics. Got 4 for chrimbo and have barely played it. Really must get back into one of these days

my favourite games include:

Street Fighter 2 - the original, naturally.
Streets of Rage - beating up hookers and dudes with bike chains.
Super Mario 1, 2 and 3 - c'mon!!
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - tails was soooo cute!!
Splatterhouse - gorefest and absolutely terrifying.
Lethal Enforcer - shooting arcade. awesome.
Hitman Contracts - pyschotic to the max.
SplinterCell - for feelin' like Bruce Willis.
Freedom Fighters - Kill the commies!!

thats all I can think of now.

My fave games;
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time. Gobsmackingly good.
2. Zelda Majora's Mask. Really hard with the 3-day-cycle thingy but great.
3. Zelda The Wind Waker. I actually liked all of the sailing but I am from a nautical family.
4. Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic I and II. If the movies had storylines as good as this, all would be well.
5. Pro Evolution 4. If it looked as good as FIFA 2005 then it would be truly perfect.
6. Shenmue. Got really embarassed trying to explain to a housemate why I was driving a forklift around for days in a videogame!
7. Pikmin 1 and 2. Seems like it's for kids but you feel awful when the little pikmin are drowning!
8. Halo. Absolutely fantastic.
9. Spiderman 2. Never finished the game but I love swinging around New York foiling random crimes!
10. Metroid Prime.

Can't think of more.

Im not mad about Tekken mackel. Unskilled people can win unlike the in the amazing street fighter 2 where people who don't know moves remain to be shit.

tim said:
Im not mad about Tekken mackel. Unskilled people can win unlike the in the amazing street fighter 2 where people who don't know moves remain to be shit.

Its cause its unskilled that I like it. Total button bash.

the only computer games i liked were 2D one-on-one japanese fighting games. i became completely obsessed with them about ten years ago, and went as far as buying an original neo-geo console to play them. my favorite games of all time are:
1. Samurai Shodown 2
2. King Of Fighters '95
3. Super Street Fighter 2 turbo
4. Fatal Fury Real Bout Special 2
5. SNK vs Capcom 2

games that i ever got really into:

x-wing (the svga classic, fucking impossibly hard)
command & conquer (pc original)
counterstrike (online addiction)
half life (pc)
mortal kombat 2 (one of only two arcade machines i finished)
street fighter 2 (snes)
zelda: a link to the past (snes)
syndicate wars (pc)
xenon 2 (master system)
super mario (n64)
mario kart (n64)
goldeneye (n64)
jedi knight (pc)
GTA3 (pc)

uhg that's way more than i thought. i disgust me.

Amazing Games:

Elite - Best game ever as I've said
Final Fantasy 7 - Best RPG ever hands down, and I've played some great RPGs like Baldurs gate and co.
Golden Axe - No more need be said
Double Dragon 1 + 2 - The big guys that kick you over in 1 kick were the best, they looked like they were on heroin or something too! Double Dragon 2 is probably the best 2-player co-op game ever, just for 2 player mode B where you could beat the shit out of each other.
Streets of Rage - Totally agree with Avernus on that one
Street Fighter 2 - Pure genius
Super Mario Kart (Snes) - Best racing game ever by a mile, and I was soooo good at it.
Probotector NES - Great game and I was amazing at it
ISS Deluxe PS2 - Okay so I know Pro Evo and all is better, but I loved this game because I was so fuckin good at it
Super Mario 1,2,3 + World - Best platformers really
Wipeout 2097 - Great racing game, once again I was sooo good at it.
Halo 1 + 2 - Halo 2 best online game
Marathon 1,2,3 - Precursors to Halo, and in some ways better (edit: also, Marathon on Legendary level is probably the hardest game I've ever played, I never got past the first level)
Civilization 1,2,3 - Best strategy games ever
Warcraft 2 - Great game, Warcraft 3 was great too but I love Warcraft 2
Escape Velocity + sequels - Shareware game on Macintosh, kinda like a modern day Elite, really really really good fun.

Continued:

That cool football game on the NES where you could score overhead kicks from the halfway line, that was class. Gameboy had it too.
The Ring of Darkness - Ollllld school RPG on Dragon 32, it and it's sequel were great games, loosely based on Lord of the Rings
Ice Castles/Cashman/ChuckyEgg - Three great Dragon 32 games, all in the same vein
Angband - Symbol/text based Mac RPG game strongly based on The Silmarillon, totally great addictive game, it was a contender for best RPG
Realmz - Another great RPG game on the Mac, particularly good because of the community that formed around it, one of the first games to my knowledge where players where creating their own games straight from the original game engine
Myth - Another great Bungie game series, soooo atmospheric!
Castlevania 2 - Great NES game, Castlevania games rule!
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - Fun strategy game on the Mac, fun when you compete for high scores with your brother anyway!
Master of Orion II - Not as good as Civilization though, nor is Alpha Centauri
Edit - Just thought I'd mention the original Die Hard trilogy on the Playstation, absolutely fuckin great, 3 class games in one! Die Hard 2 is possibly my favourite gun game ever, and Die Hard 3 is fuckin class for the Samuel L Jackson voices and for being funny as fuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back