Fake Accounts (1 Viewer)

pete said:
might be time to apply the principles of "passing-off"

The difficulty arises with knowing whether the person doing the passing-off is the original 'trademark' holder (or one of their friends) having a laugh or someone else.

Unless someone flags a situation there isn't much that we as a community can do.

Squiggle said:
The difficulty arises with knowing whether the person doing the passing-off is the original 'trademark' holder (or one of their friends) having a laugh or someone else.

Unless someone flags a situation there isn't much that we as a community can do.
apart from just not allowing it at all

ICUH8N said:
Osamy categorically does not get along with Osama

Pete needs to outlaw fake accounts taking the piss out of fake accounts because some fake accounts forget they are fake accounts and get uptight when fake accounts take the piss out of them, even thought they are fake accounts.

egg_ said:
Pete you can probably run soundex and fulltext searches on new members and if their username sounds like or is similar to another user's then ask them to choose something different. Functionality probably exists in vBulletin already I guess

i'll be setting this up later

Osamy Van Hagar said:
Pete needs to outlaw fake accounts taking the piss out of fake accounts because some fake accounts forget they are fake accounts and get uptight when fake accounts take the piss out of them, even thought they are fake accounts.

See my third post in this thread, regarding people who are their own fake accounts. You (and by you, I mean the person doing the typing) set up this account purely to antagonise OVH. Feel free to explain the reasoning behind this to me in person the next time you see me.

george mcfly said:
right, gorge pm'd and said sorry said he didn't mean to offend..so all over

yep alls well that ends well we have kissed and made up, going round to gorgies later with my bucket of hand cream to make it offical :p

ICUH8N said:
You (and by you, I mean the person doing the typing) set up this account purely to antagonise OVH. Feel free to explain the reasoning behind this to me in person the next time you see me.

Steph I totally take your point (picking on an individual) but there are some people who post on here regularly, who originally joined up just to antagonise the entire forum but have since dropped the facades and begun to post like everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back