Facebook (2 Viewers)

Down at the very bottom where it says "Edit Options" I think you can just add your own name there, in the relevant spot, and it should hide it.

I'm not liking the "Highlights" column because it keeps showing me pictures and shite from people whose updates I have hidden.

Edit: Actually I just checked that and it seems you can only re-add people you have hidden. You used to be able to just click the "Hide" button that came up in the top right corner of any of your updates, but that doesn't appear any more.

I'm gonna get rid of my facebook in a few days and hook back up using a different email addy a la Miss Jill Hives who inspired me with this idea as I've far too many people finding me who I don't want to find me so I shall see you thumpedsters on the other side when I do it.

I'm gonna get rid of my facebook in a few days and hook back up using a different email addy a la Miss Jill Hives who inspired me with this idea as I've far too many people finding me who I don't want to find me so I shall see you thumpedsters on the other side when I do it.
I tried that, but it didn't work, people seem to be searching for my name, as there's no way they have my email address. It's the only way I can explain the three, or four odd friendship requests I've received from people recently, who I didn't think I'd ever hear from again.

i just use a fake name, would never have me real name up there.

Yeah, that's where I went wrong. I had a fake name but then someone found me and it snow balled. Soon people from 15+ years ago were adding me and I'm way too nice. I've moved too much and have different groups of friends everywhere. The fake name was confusing everyone and it was beginning to drive me mad having to explain it. So I ditched it. It's still there and I check once a week. Some people there I do actually like and want to keep in touch with but most I don't.

Started a new one for over here to keep up with gigs, waste time and chat with people I know. Works better this way. Keep the two lives separate. In reality, I should just delete them both like I did myspace and the rest of the crap but then I might miss out on stuff like last minute parties and free movie tickets. ;)

I tried that, but it didn't work, people seem to be searching for my name, as there's no way they have my email address. It's the only way I can explain the three, or four odd friendship requests I've received from people recently, who I didn't think I'd ever hear from again.
could they be finding you through mutual contacts?

I don't think so. The last one in particular we'd have no mutual friends any more.

Although I've been surprised at how many people on facebook have mutual friends, who I never would have expected to be connected ...

I would've thought it's the friend suggestion thing altough I've no idea how the algorithm for that works.

Al Gore Rythm?

_1073517_gore_dancing300.jpg

I would've thought it's the friend suggestion thing altough I've no idea how the algorithm for that works.
Oh, I get how that works, but this one particular guy has absolutely nobody in common with me, or any of my friends. He told me today he was just searchin' for people on Facebook.

I keep getting creepy old me adding me, its freaking me out.

You can stop things in the news feed in your privacy settings.

I just discovered scrabble, bad news, its soooooooo addictive

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back