F*** sake! fish eating wasps! (2 Viewers)

Just outside london, maidenhead. Yeah, sheera abundance of insects/arachnids is freaky but we're getting used to it. Opened the kitchen window for the the first time since the fish-wasp debacle. The fuckers have been sniffing round the window ever since in that drunk end of the summer way they do.

We've decide that the big grass spiders all over the place are probably doing a good job keeping all the other insects out, and their so big that you can't miss them so at least we always know where they are...

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with the spids, but one of those big bastards landed on my head once... :eek:

i have killed countless dozens of wasps this summer yet I seem to be making no headway at all in actually exterminating them as a species - they just keep coming back. it all started in may or june when a swarm of them moved into a tree in my back yard while i was hanging out my washing. they moved on again a day or so later but they seem to keep coming back to my bedroom window. if i leave it open at all and leave the room for five minutes there'll be 5 or 6 flying around over by the window when i get back so of course i swat them out with a rolled up newspaper. sometimes i just stand by the window with the paper and swat them one by one as they come in (at a rate of roughly 4 or 5 per minute). i feel quite bad when i look at the ever growing pile of dead wasps on the roof outside but in fairness they brought it on themselves.

i got my comeuppance. just got stung on the hand by one of the bastards that i swatted and which fell on my bed earlier. at least i hadnt got in to it - could have been nasty.

:mad:

My brother and I, (who has persued a carreer in SPARKING... as he calls it) used to catch wasps, WASPS mind, not bees, cause bees are busy with the whole honey/honey nut loops thing (of which we approved), and feed them to a spider we found.

We did this every day.

A number of times a day. The whole summmer.
What we would do is... we would catch said wasp in a jam jar, over at the fuschia bush. And then we would approach the spider web with some trepidation (more about that later), and then chuck mister wasp in, and back away smartly for the showdown.

Generally speaking the spider marched out, beat the living shit out of the wasp, and stashed it away for eatin and drinkin for later.
The thing was, the spider grew. To more or less goliath proportions. And to the point, I am not messing here, would awe the pair of us with her presence. I mean, we fed her up till she was huge. She would come marching out into the web, which now occupied the lower right hand end of the back garden, and swing into the middle of it.
And the brother and I would lurch back about two feet.

Then she would flick at the strings of the web.... testing for waspyness content. Then she would leg it out to the wasp... and batter it. Very few questions asked.

At the end of the summer she laid a nest that was massive. (My brother and I decided that the back garden was off limits for the interim.) And re-populated most of Sandymount, Ringsend, and Donnybrook with agro wasp loving spiders. Sweet.

reminds me of this fat spider we used to have as - i guess you could say - a pet on our porch in san francisco.

i called him Little Fatty and the name stuck. he was actually alright for a spider; kept to himself mostly but would emerge occasionally and scare the shit out of someone.

one day Little Fatty decided to relocate - to the back door.
ill never forget the look on my then boyfriend's face when he opened it to step outside and walked straight into the web - and Little Fatty. hahahaha.
rather him than me.

My brother and I, (who has persued a carreer in SPARKING... as he calls it) used to catch wasps, WASPS mind, not bees, cause bees are busy with the whole honey/honey nut loops thing (of which we approved), and feed them to a spider we found.

We did this every day.

A number of times a day. The whole summmer.
What we would do is... we would catch said wasp in a jam jar, over at the fuschia bush. And then we would approach the spider web with some trepidation (more about that later), and then chuck mister wasp in, and back away smartly for the showdown.

Generally speaking the spider marched out, beat the living shit out of the wasp, and stashed it away for eatin and drinkin for later.
The thing was, the spider grew. To more or less goliath proportions. And to the point, I am not messing here, would awe the pair of us with her presence. I mean, we fed her up till she was huge. She would come marching out into the web, which now occupied the lower right hand end of the back garden, and swing into the middle of it.
And the brother and I would lurch back about two feet.

Then she would flick at the strings of the web.... testing for waspyness content. Then she would leg it out to the wasp... and batter it. Very few questions asked.

At the end of the summer she laid a nest that was massive. (My brother and I decided that the back garden was off limits for the interim.) And re-populated most of Sandymount, Ringsend, and Donnybrook with agro wasp loving spiders. Sweet.

A halloween wasp just flew in the window at work. Surely its time for them all to be dead. hopefully the remainder of them will be sizzled by the fireworks this evening.

bejayzis! i just took off my shoes and socks there and what did i find clinging to the bottom of one of my socks?? a wasp! he was a little shook looking but alive. how did get into my shoe, survive in it all day and not sting me? its dead now

igor hasnt been on for ages

actually, the wasp is still alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back