F*** sake! fish eating wasps! (1 Viewer)

Rogue

Website
Visit site
Se, we had this nice fish which we had left out to defrost; two fillets of black tilapia, never had that before, supposed to be very tasty.

The girl decided to leave it on the windowsill to defrost faster, the window's slightly ajar, the fish is on a plate covered by two sheets of that thin plastic that the shops puts fish inbetween.

10mins ago I hear a yell from the kitchen and rush in to find 4 wasps on the fish, they had crawled under the plastic. I was just pondering how to mash them without just lumping the whole lot out the window when one of the buggers lifts off and hovers towards the window WITH A CHUNK OF FISH ALMOST IT'S OWN SIZE HANGING FROM ITS GOB!!

I thought it was just stuck to it but then two of the others carried off big hunks of fish too, gross (I don't know why, it just is).

Shut the window and spent 5mins trying mash the last wasp as it hid under the tilapia, stuffed the whole thing into a knotted bin bag and took out the trash. Several confused and fishy wasps hovering outside the window, hitchcockian bastards...

Anyone seen this before?

Oh my god! That is actually disgusting!
I just saw a cat that passes through our garden alot try to kill a rat, imediatley ran out to try break it up and the cat dashed off...phew.
Nature is gross!

i have killed countless dozens of wasps this summer yet I seem to be making no headway at all in actually exterminating them as a species - they just keep coming back. it all started in may or june when a swarm of them moved into a tree in my back yard while i was hanging out my washing. they moved on again a day or so later but they seem to keep coming back to my bedroom window. if i leave it open at all and leave the room for five minutes there'll be 5 or 6 flying around over by the window when i get back so of course i swat them out with a rolled up newspaper. sometimes i just stand by the window with the paper and swat them one by one as they come in (at a rate of roughly 4 or 5 per minute). i feel quite bad when i look at the ever growing pile of dead wasps on the roof outside but in fairness they brought it on themselves.

We had a hive in our attic once. There a hole in the eve just above the front door where they came in and out. The sky was black with wasps, literally, and jesus the noise......it was scary. That poor postman.

Nofriendo has the best wasp genocide story ever.Watch this space....its a story of cunning,the human brain working at its peak and ultimatley a small triumph for man.

David I give you the stage.

Oh my god! That is actually disgusting!
I just saw a cat that passes through our garden alot try to kill a rat, imediatley ran out to try break it up and the cat dashed off...phew.
Nature is gross!

uh
what's the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back