Experiences of Fas Courses (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

I signed up for the 'not enough places' web design course and I was looking for one on Computer/Network maintainance..

Anyone any experience with computer realated fas courses (or indeed any of their courses)...

Friend doing the web design one in cork. Still has no idea of any of the stuff he's covering, which i believe is HTML, CSS and two weeks on designing in photoshop.

not quite web design in dublin... I did software development in cork about two years ago. it was full of mongos and misfits, most of whom dropped of the face of the course like dead files pretty quickly. five of us finished out of twenty something; three of whom you could classify as somewhat normal.

I thought it was well worth it though... I think mostly because of the trainer, who was a really nice guy who knew his shit inside out. he made us sit some java and microsoft certifications, which basically helped me get the job I got now. the actual course qualification itself probably isn't worth an arse wipe.

I had a good experience overall with the web design one in Loughlinstown (still shit at web design mind you). Friend is doing the radio production one in Tralee and loves it.

Cool - that sounds promising...

I'm 102 in the list for 20 places so i doubt i'll get it....I imagine alot will drop off through the interviews or other reasons but its still too many people..

I noticed they also have a door man cert too :)

More difficult to get into than when I did it then. Guy who did not know how to create a new folder in windows got into the course when I was doing it.

In a round about way it got me into what I'm doing now (SEO) , still not sure if that's a good thing though :confused:

Cool - that sounds promising...

I'm 102 in the list for 20 places so i doubt i'll get it....I imagine alot will drop off through the interviews or other reasons but its still too many people..

I noticed they also have a door man cert too :)

I thought it was well worth it though... I think mostly because of the trainer, who was a really nice guy who knew his shit inside out. he made us sit some java and microsoft certifications, which basically helped me get the job I got now. the actual course qualification itself probably isn't worth an arse wipe.

i had a similar experience. except somone installed carmageddon on the network and we'd all spend half each day fake ramming into polygons. again, the course wasnt that hard and finding shit thats worthwhile to do while your sitting around waiting for folk to catch up is the big challenge.

i had a similar experience. except somone installed carmageddon on the network and we'd all spend half each day fake ramming into polygons. again, the course wasnt that hard and finding shit thats worthwhile to do while your sitting around waiting for folk to catch up is the big challenge.

Did Fas censor carmageddon or did they use the non-zombie version..

The grub (in the Loughlinstown FAS anyway) has actually come a long way.
I did a course recently and for the most part the food was reasonably edible.

1 euro for dinner back then. big plate of hard potatoes and some mystery meat. The soup always tasted the same no matter what flavour they said it was. Desert was always custard and something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back