Expensive Records (4 Viewers)

I also just splashed out $30 (+ postage) on the 2 track Boards of Canada "Music Has The Right To Children" promo. First time I've spent over face value on a record I think.

It's a 12" with Telephasic Workshop and Rogybiv (spelt wrong I know), I believe (may be wrong on this) that both versions are exclusive to the release. In any case there were only 200 copies of it.

magnetize said:
yeah, but the analords 1-9 will be easily available so its only the binder + analord 10 that'll be worth the big dough.
Analord 10 is going to be released again as a normal record after the first nine have been released, so it's only the binder that'll be rare.

A friend of mine says he was tempted to spend $400 on Bola's Shapes triple 12" (Skam) as he couldn't find it anywhere but on massively overpriced GEMM

http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML758039704

I bought this in Big Brother Records when it came out around 2000 and played it something like twice. Never thought it was that hard to find.

Is it definitely Bola?

"Shapes" is Bola. It is going for really high prices on Gemm (400+ US dollars) and Ebay. It *is* pretty rare, it is not very good. The label it's on is called "33", it's an offshoot of Skam.

http://www.discogs.com/label/33

I have an Autechre promo 12" called Drowning In A Sea Of Indiependence which I haven't seen elsewhere.
Also, REM's Hibtone 7".
And a Paste/Puffy cassingle in an edition of 40.

Oh yeah... and Tortoise's Rhythm's, Resolutions & Clusters LP than nlgbbblbth covets so.

You can have any one of them for e1,000 or all four for e3,500.

Jp.

Justin Toner said:
I have an Autechre promo 12" called Drowning In A Sea Of Indiependence which I haven't seen elsewhere.
Actually that's called "Splitrmx12". Limited to 3000 copies, haven't seen it going for crazy prices on Ebay since it was released. Some guy is selling it for 60 dollars on Gemm.com.

Incidentally Analord 1 has been deleted, Analord 2 is expected to be deleted next week. HMV have a load of copies of Analord 2 though.

penexpers said:
Incidentally Analord 1 has been deleted, Analord 2 is expected to be deleted next week. HMV have a load of copies of Analord 2 though.

I got Analord 1 in HMV yesterday, had to plough through a load of Analord 2 12s before I found it.

The plastic sleeves suck if you don't have the box

one thing i will say for borderline was that i got a deadly bootleg of 4 different oldschool hardcore singles on one record, S.O.A/Government Issue/Teen Idles and Youth Brigade, and heck at least he finally stopped selling SKREWDRIVER bootlegs.

I was pretty happy at finding 'Thorrs Hammer' (the good doom band not the bad nsbm band) onSouthern Lord Picture Disc in HMV earlier this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back