expectant parents of thumped (1 Viewer)

congrats dudley and mark, and thanks everyone for the helpful tips: it's great to hear what people found actually useful and what could be a complete waste (heated baby wipes warmer, anyone?).

and yes, names are hard. maybe i should just wait for inspiration in the delivery room. lampshade! midwife! stability ball! thing that goes beep!

and yes, names are hard. maybe i should just wait for inspiration in the delivery room. lampshade! midwife! stability ball! thing that goes beep!

Sister the Smallest didn't have a name for weeks. Sure, you can just refer to it as The Baby until it is able to tell you its name.

Newborns need very little.
Clothes, Buggy, place to sleep, Breast\bottle.
For a buggy id say get a lightweight one that folds up easily. I know so many parents who have gotten big travel systems and have stopped using them after a few months and gotten a stroller.

Oh and don’t buy too much clothing initially. I got loads of clothes for the little one. They grow out of them so quickly its such a waste.
Oh an take all the 2nd hand stuff you can get. Pointless spending a fortune on something that is going to be useless after 3 months if you don’t have to.

I agree about the TV thing but don't beat yourself up when you stick the sprog in front of the telly for half an hour while you are making the dinner. Sometimes there is no other way ... usually there is no other way.

totally, specially when your on your own

in saying that loads of good stuff on DVD for kids as well as mental flashing noisey shit, I never went for Barney but Telletubbies were a larf and Button Moon was dull enough to be relaxing... now days (at 5 years old) it's The Iorn Giant (fucking amazing, I was more rapt then her), couple of old MGM Musicals, Peanuts and the odd Sponge Bob Square pants... which is ironically what I was watching before she was born... probably...

[/QUOTE]
My attitude is if he/she is still alive come school-going age, then you've probably done an okay job.
[/QUOTE]

*phew*

Newborns need very little.
Clothes, Buggy, place to sleep, Breast\bottle.
For a buggy id say get a lightweight one that folds up easily. I know so many parents who have gotten big travel systems and have stopped using them after a few months and gotten a stroller.

once P-tone Jr hit 2, and was sitting up and out of the pram, it was stroller all the way, you can throw them on buses stick them under the stairs when your done, get a good rain cover and it's the business

If you're going for breastfeeding don't listen to your parents' constant giving out "that kid needs a bottle" etc. Go to a breastfeeding support clinic. My wife found them great plus there is a public health nurse there so you get way more access to a prof for questions and weigh ins etc.

The extractor fan above the oven was the most useful object in my little flat during the first six months.

Only bit of advice I'm dishing out these days is read to them early.

Congrats Minka, Dudley and Mark.

And remember, there is a lot to be said for instinct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back