Ever been robbed on the job? (1 Viewer)

brianoak

Just got a call off my mate there.He was working in Chartbusters in Tallaght last night and a junkie jumped the counter and pulled a syringe on him.My mate legged it down the back of the the store into a corridor and had to defend himself with a fucking bike.The junkie lad kept waving the syringe and yelling at him to open the tills but legged it when he got a belt of the back wheel of the bike.Its fucked up there is no security up there at that time of night:confused:.If the bike hadnt been down that corridor my mate would have been cornered and might have got jabbed with the syringe.The guards picked the lad up around the corner and he is well known to them and turns out he also has Hepatitis C.:eek:Scary stuff.....anything like this ever happen to anyone here?

brian/heathons said:
Just got a call off my mate there.He was working in Chartbusters in Tallaght last night and a junkie jumped the counter and pulled a syringe on him.My mate legged it down the back of the the store into a corridor and had to defend himself with a fucking bike.The junkie lad kept waving the syringe and yelling at him to open the tills but legged it when he got a belt of the back wheel of the bike.Its fucked up there is no security up there at that time of night:confused:.If the bike hadnt been down that corridor my mate would have been cornered and might have got jabbed with the syringe.The guards picked the lad up around the corner and he is well known to them and turns out he also has Hepatitis C.:eek:Scary stuff.....anything like this ever happen to anyone here?

not work related, just junkie with syringe related...

i was on the dart at evening rush hour once and some young lads threw a junkie out on to the platform because he was giving them shit- robbing stuff and being a dick etc. i was right inside the door and thought it was very good thinking on the lads part. Alas the junkie got irate and started drooling yellow drool and threatening them with the virus and he got back on the train brandishing the syringe. I was in the unfortunate position of being between the syringe and the lads he intended sticking it into and I was quite worried i'd get jabbed. the train was full and wobbling as it sped along. luckily for me the young lads legged it off down the train shoving everyone out of their way and the junkie took off after them still waving the needle of death and everyone was screaming.

Its nuts.not that id like to experience either but I think id rather be stabbed(gently mind you) with a knife than jabbed with a syringe.Its the scummiest thing you can do to someone because it takes over a year and a half to get the all clear as far as I know.Thats if you get the all clear......

My last job was in a video shop. I only got the job after a vancany opened up as a result of two people leaving. Why did they leave? Coz they were both working when two blokes came in late one night and robbed them. One had a "gun" jutting out from under his coat. Could've easily been his fingers cocked in to a gun postion but they weren't about to call his bluff. So they hopped over and just reefed one till right out of the counter and ran off. They were on camera and were picked up. The till was retrieved too. It's still in use. You just had to open it mechanically. Gobshites. :)

But anyway, twas enough to cause the two girls to leave. And i got a job. Woohoo.

Get yourself one of these and keep it behind the counter you can write it off against tax and theres no way anyone will fuck with you if have one
Gatlin%20Gun%28GB%29_658_14.jpg

roxy said:
My last job was in a video shop. I only got the job after a vancany opened up as a result of two people leaving. Why did they leave? Coz they were both working when two blokes came in late one night and robbed them. One had a "gun" jutting out from under his coat. Could've easily been his fingers cocked in to a gun postion but they weren't about to call his bluff. So they hopped over and just reefed one till right out of the counter and ran off. They were on camera and were picked up. The till was retrieved too. It's still in use. You just had to open it mechanically. Gobshites. :)

But anyway, twas enough to cause the two girls to leave. And i got a job. Woohoo.

why the fuck do they rob video shops?

when I worked in chartbusters, these traveller women tried to distract me with unintelligible questions while their male friends smashed into the phoneshop that was part of busters. not in anyway terrifying though. but that syringe madness happened to a guy I know - junkhead bailed over the counter to get money and he socked the junkie with his busted in a cast arm. guy went out cold, cops arrived and took him away. hero.

i can't believe that's still happening there. i was the manager of a chartbusters in clarehall around '98 and i got held up three times. two knives, one gun.
there were loads of meetings held about the fact that chartbusters gets held up twice as much as xtra vision and loads of promises were made to make it safer. i moved to the states shortly after the third hold up so i don't know what came of it.
nothing apparently.
i know that shit happens everywhere, but chartbusters seems to come up a lot more than other places.
tell your friend to get a new job.

Heh heh. I worked in a place in town. You should see the state of it. We took in about 300 quid a day.
So I'm cleaning up at the end of the day and we hear this pounding up the stairs. These youngfellas burst in the door, and I burst out laughing. THey were wearing beanies, pulled down over their faces with the eyes cut out, except the beanies kept twisting round and they couldn't see out them. Anyway they grab me and shove me up the stairs to the office, and the owner has the door locked and yells out.....'this is a local shop for local people, there's nothing for you here' just like in League of Gentlemen except not making a joke.

It was terrifying at the time apart from the stupid bandanas and the genuinely hilarious cowardice of the owner, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

aoifed said:
Heh heh. I worked in a place in town. You should see the state of it. We took in about 300 quid a day.
So I'm cleaning up at the end of the day and we hear this pounding up the stairs. These youngfellas burst in the door, and I burst out laughing. THey were wearing beanies, pulled down over their faces with the eyes cut out, except the beanies kept twisting round and they couldn't see out them. Anyway they grab me and shove me up the stairs to the office, and the owner has the door locked and yells out.....'this is a local shop for local people, there's nothing for you here' just like in League of Gentlemen except not making a joke.

It was terrifying at the time apart from the stupid bandanas and the genuinely hilarious cowardice of the owner, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

haha

avernus said:
why the fuck do they rob video shops?

Usually have very few staff(just the one in my local ones), staff tends to be youngish and unlikely to be willing to get stabbed at their minimum wage job, rarely have many customers after 9 at night, most transactions in cash....

A year or two ago I saw a guy who works in some phone shop in Dublin being mugged on his way into the shop with some sort of cashbox thing. The mugger ran up to him, jostled him against the window and grabbed the cashbox. When he went to run around the corner beside the shop he ran head-first into a phone box and fell on his hole.

Silly bastid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back