European and local elections 2024 (14 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gwan the mun

or maybe not. looking quite possible that we'll get two racist assholes.

hopefully GP will transfer strongly to SD; pepper will still be in the race when aontu are eliminated, taking a lot of the transfers from the aontu elimination, which means the benefit to the national party lunatic will be blunted.

or maybe not. looking quite possible that we'll get two racist assholes.

hopefully GP will transfer strongly to SD; pepper will still be in the race when aontu are eliminated, taking a lot of the transfers from the aontu elimination, which means the benefit to the national party lunatic will be blunted.

I'd imagine that Pepper is going to be elected on transfers from the National Party lad.

Assuming that Bradley fella who transferred heavily to Pepper and NP could also be described as far right that's 18% of the vote in that LEA to far right candidates. OK it's only 2,800 votes but it's not a sign of anything good.

I'd imagine that Pepper is going to be elected on transfers from the National Party lad.

Assuming that Bradley fella who transferred heavily to Pepper and NP could also be described as far right that's 18% of the vote in that LEA to far right candidates. OK it's only 2,800 votes but it's not a sign of anything good.
They're just ping ponging around as the various other candidates get eliminated. That pepper arse is now fifth but the next elimination is national party which will play to him.

from the numbers in Dublin it could be count 9-10 before anything techncially happens - the leaders are 20,000 short of the quota, and the bottom of the table range from about 1000-3000 votes which will go every direction probably and might actually run out if people got bored of ticking boxes

In my area FF, FG and 'Team Lowry' duo got 90% of the vote. 8 ran for 4 seats.
The second FF candidate somehow got well short of a hundred.
The very sound SF guy got about 270 1st preference votes and Labour and Greens got 140 votes between them.
Shane Lee the Roscrea based Lowry guy is not far away from being far right.

Really disappointed - no idea what most people are thinking.

just one factual correction on that article:
"Elsewhere in the city, in the Artane-Whitehall local electoral area, Kevin Coyle was in contention for a seat all through Sunday, missing out in on the final seat.
Mr Coyle got more first preferences than both Sinn Féin candidates, including Larry O’Toole who has been a councillor since 1999."

there were four SF candidates in artane whitehall, not two - a mistake by SF because it split their vote in four (and only one got in); but the above text suggests he beat all SF candidates; he beat the two lowest scoring ones.

I suppose the upside to this is that it won't necessarily mean that they'll do well in the general elections, or at least they won't win (many) seats *

I suppose if there was a strategy to step away in certain constituencies so as not to cannibalise the far right vote it might help them but I think they'll all want a crack at those sweet TD's salaries. Whether Boylan wins a seat in Dublin is a bit of a canary in the coalmine for their GE chances I think.

* I mean new ones, people like McGrath already sits in the dail and doesn't have much compunction about sidling up to right wing issues when it suits him.

just one factual correction on that article:
"Elsewhere in the city, in the Artane-Whitehall local electoral area, Kevin Coyle was in contention for a seat all through Sunday, missing out in on the final seat.
Mr Coyle got more first preferences than both Sinn Féin candidates, including Larry O’Toole who has been a councillor since 1999."

there were four SF candidates in artane whitehall, not two - a mistake by SF because it split their vote in four (and only one got in); but the above text suggests he beat all SF candidates; he beat the two lowest scoring ones.
a factual correction to my factual correction - he did in fact get more FP votes than each of the four SF candidates.
he got 1,091 and SF got a total of 2,803 first preferences.

Last edited:
For me, the biggest revelation of these elections has been Clare Daly's famous pals

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
  • rettucs
  • ernesto
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back