European and local elections 2024 (4 Viewers)

Anyway, I wonder how many of the transfers are random noise. People picking names on the ballot they don't recognise in preference to government party candidates, that dirty of thing.

Well there's defo a 'vote right, transfer right' thing detectable - but yeah in MNW I honestly don't think it was even possibly to assemlbe 27 logical steps. It was 'people i want elected, people who aren't last century throwbacks, stop on the least detestable of the dickheads' which got me 2/3rds through more or less. And i had time to think on it..

Boylan hit 3rd, can expect another maybe 8000 vote windfall over the election.

starting to think it could actually be Green/Labour

this will be sometime tomorrow probably though.

N Carberry for FG though former horse jockey who was on dancing with the stars and Irelands Fittest Family. Like maybe she is alright probably better than me scaring the shit out of horses with my bell.

It annoys me both that they decided we should be represented by her in Europe, and that people voted for her in droves. Essentially two non-candidates there possibly taking up two potentially useful seats.

Like zero political experience and no political education when two other candidates are university lectures and political scientists but you know horse racing.

If a jockey could be an MEP I wonder what someone like Roy Keane, Paul McGrath or Sonia O'Sullivan could do.
You know, someone who was great at something semi worthwhile.

Paul McGrath could probably negotiate world peace quicker than people in Castlebar or Cork can do a first count.

I know 3 people that ran this year.
One is going for MEP and looks like they might get it. They're seriously hard working, genuine and isnt full of waffle, so I have high hopes.
Another one was elected as a councillor. Maybe they've changed over the years but was a slíbhín thief and you'd want to check their pockets when they left the house.
Last one quit their job because they were told they were a dead cert, but they didn't get in. Maybe better luck in the General Elections, but I doubt it.

If i had a fantasy govt/eu it'd be somewhere between SD,Greens and PBP -They'd be fucking shit at horseracing though

edit: this is largely based on candidates i've spoken to over the past few years in the west. might be a different bag in other regions.

Over 7k boost for Lynn boylan after doolan's elimination. I'd say she's safe now.

Daly is surely going to take the bulk of Smith's transfers. I think Boylan is out of the running, there's enough votes below him to keep him out.

Feel like it'll be Daly or whoever is eliminated last from the Labour/Green candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back