Euro 2008 (1 Viewer)

If video games represent real life (and we all know that they do) Germany will draw 1-1 with Croatia and then beat Austria 1-0. Unfortunately they'll then get beat 4-0 by Portugal in the Q-F. Hmmm.

video games are real life.

hooray for spain v russia. boo for the other fuckers later.
russia are great to watch attacking with pace but clearly they forgot they have to defend as well so theyre silly buggers really. cormoclash is a bollox. spain realise they have to defend but cant really. just like holland. spain v holland would be sweet to watch you'd imagine.

If Van Persie and Robben get back to full fitness, Holland will have added wide options which will make their style of play even more expansive than that which they demonstrated on the counter against Italy. I salivate at the possibilities.

Here, how come your team - Northern Ireland - didnt qualify?

bingham.jpg

Czech republic vs. Portugal
Breathtaking half, tough tackling, lots of technique, Evenly matched teams, goals, best half of 2008 so far in my book.

The Czechs should've brought Kohler on a lot earlier, Portugal looked very suspect from crosses and didn't seem to bother with putting people on the posts for corners.

Did anyone watch it on RTE? Jimmy McGee is on some buzz, he seems to fancy Kohler, went on about the crowd making clapping noises reminiscent of a Queen song, kept calling Portugal 'por-tig-al' and got in his usual two boxing references.....

The Czechs should've brought Kohler on a lot earlier, Portugal looked very suspect from crosses and didn't seem to bother with putting people on the posts for corners.
2nd half Portugal upped their game.....wasn't as enthralled with the 2nd half.
Jimmy McGee is on some buzz, kept calling Portugal 'por-tig-al'
That did my fucking head in.
Switched to ITV but they had Clyde Tydsley who does it in even more.

Wow! end!
Turkey score deep into injury time vs Switzerland.....1st half was hilarious, so much rain, pitch was almost waterlogged.
Swiss hosts are out.

Dave Pleat kept on saying "Czechoslovakia", which was annoying. THen he tried to correct himself and said "the Republic of Czech..oslovakia".

I love when Pleat says Maz-er-azzi, er Matz-er-atzi. Er, the Italian defender. He called Ujfalusi something that sounded similar to 'Oi Poloi' last night.

David Pleat, you are an amazing idiot.

on 52 minutes jimmy magee said something along the lines of "i thought he was taken off an hour ago" about nuno gomez. :rolleyes:

so just like football, maths isnt one of jimmys strong points.

this is the same jimmy magee who suggested a card between red and yellow on the premiership one night. :eek:

as for mark kinsella. he doesnt speak until jimmy asks him a question. wake up mark.

at least having to listen to kenny cunningham saves us the pain of looking at his hair and make up disasters.

I love when Pleat says Maz-er-azzi, er Matz-er-atzi. Er, the Italian defender. He called Ujfalusi something that sounded similar to 'Oi Poloi' last night.

David Pleat, you are an amazing idiot.

Motson trying to say Di Natale during Holland-Italy was really funny. He's lucky that Quagliarella didn't get a game.

But the best I've ever heard was an Italian commentator trying to pronounce O'Shea during a Champions League game: O Sheeee, O Shiiiiiiiiaaaaa. He must have tried 100 different variations and not one of them got even close.

on 52 minutes jimmy magee said something along the lines of "i thought he was taken off an hour ago" about nuno gomez. :rolleyes:

so just like football, maths isnt one of jimmys strong points.

this is the same jimmy magee who suggested a card between red and yellow on the premiership one night. :eek:

as for mark kinsella. he doesnt speak until jimmy asks him a question. wake up mark.

at least having to listen to kenny cunningham saves us the pain of looking at his hair and make up disasters.

He was going on about how Deco was playing at left half last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back