Electric Picnic 2009 (2 Viewers)

AWFUL!!!
My God - I think I will spend the money I don't have on some other festival.

There isn't 1 person I want to see on that line up

When it changed the title of it to "Music and Arts Fest" that was it. I would much rather my €250 be spent on a rake of decent bands than comedy/spoken word things, the body & soul stuff & all the Arts things (even Lost Vagueness aren't making it this year)

i think if this festival was the size of say, ATP in the uk, itd be a fine weekend. its just too small a bill to maintain the type of festival it has been for the last few years. the price is also a big factor here. i can go to ATP at xmas for 130 sterling early bird for 3 days and that includes accommodation in an apartment.

i guess im not gonna complain though. at least its happening. itd be very, very sad if it wasnt. positivity folks!

All this criticism is fine, but in the end: the market decides. This will sell out but probably not as fast as previous years.

i'm probably going to get my indie festival fix at Greenman - if i'm not away somewhere nice.

it's 120 quid and set in the brecon beacons national park.

you can also pay 30 quid for a "holiday" ticket that allows you to go to the Glenusk Estate from 3 days before the festival for a spot of chilling, hill walking, rock climbing, fishing, swimming, acid orgies, whatever

Green Man 2009 : The Line Up So Far !!

Confirmed to appear at Green Man 2009 so far...
Animal Collective, Wilco, Bon Iver, Roky Erickson, British Sea Power, Errors, Vetiver, The Amorphous Androgynous (AKA Future Sound Of London), Dirty Three, Four Tet, Grizzly Bear, Rodriguez, Andrew Bird, Idjut Boys, Wooden Shjips,Beach House, Peter Broderick,DJhistory – aka Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton, Michael Cook, Peggy Sue, Megson, Pivot, Its A Buffalo, She Keeps Bees, Golden Animals, 6 Day Riot, No Thee No Ess, Sound Carriers, Martin Carr, The Phantom Band,Unicorn Kid, Beth Jeans Houghton, Joe Gideon & The Shark, and The Leisure Society

i'm probably going to get my indie festival fix at Greenman - if i'm not away somewhere nice.

it's 120 quid and set in the brecon beacons national park.

you can also pay 30 quid for a "holiday" ticket that allows you to go to the Glenusk Estate from 3 days before the festival for a spot of chilling, hill walking, rock climbing, fishing, swimming, acid orgies, whatever
green man is a lovely lovely festival .

I have to say, there's several bands on that lineup I would really like to see/have seen before and enjoyed: Orbital, Flaming Lips, Basement Jaxx, Fleet Foxes, Explosions In The Sky, Magnolia Electric Co., The Whitest Boy Alive, The Walkmen.

Also, there'll hopefully be a few more big names. The price differences between here and the uk is shite. I'm tempted, but if Magnolia Electric Co. and The Whitest Boy Alive do other gigs in Ireland I def won't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back