Electric Picnic 2008 (1 Viewer)

Glad MBV aren't playing the mainstage but I can't imagine Hadouken!, Black Lips, Late of Pier or the last 20 minutes of The Gossip will do a whole lot to entice crowds away from the tent. I can see a repeat of last year's Beastie Boys fiasco again.

George Clinton headlining from 12-2 sounds a bit odd
Yea... and Sigur Ros on the main stage!! For feck sake.... that'll ruin it...
Thank god I saw 'em last night where they should be seen -
in a small concert hall without any gimps talking the whole way through it...

Piss-poor headlines when you look at it laid out like that!! a bit of laurel-resting this year I think!

I think that's a great slot for George Clinton. It'll go down a storm if there's still people hanging on in the field for him.

If i'm there though, I'll be going along to Digital Mystikz at that time.

Yea... and Sigur Ros on the main stage!! For feck sake.... that'll ruin it...
Thank god I saw 'em last night where they should be seen -
in a small concert hall without any gimps talking the whole way through it...

I saw them in a field about 5 years ago and they were amazing.

On the subject of Sigur Ros. Anyone know what the story with their lineup for the weekend is? It's only going to be the 4 of them on the US tour without the brass section or Ammina and I had been told that EP would be the last gig with the full lineup but I read last week that they'd played some gigs with the stripped down setup already.

I saw them in a field about 5 years ago and they were amazing.

On the subject of Sigur Ros. Anyone know what the story with their lineup for the weekend is? It's only going to be the 4 of them on the US tour without the brass section or Ammina and I had been told that EP would be the last gig with the full lineup but I read last week that they'd played some gigs with the stripped down setup already.

I saw them at Benicassim this year, where they had the full line up. ammina, brass section etc. They were also on the outdoor mainstage there which was a bit disappointing. I enjoyed it but it wasn't a patch on the Olympia gig, for eg.

Same for MBV. Speaking of which anyone reckon they'll announce an indoor Irish date post EP?

who all is good to see? i mean there are some good bands, but there's loads of crap as well. what's everyone's choices so far.
i'd like to see large mound and oppenheimer but they're clashing otherwise:
conor oberst
the breeders
giveamanakick
jape
dan deacon
santogold
stephen malkamus
sinead o'connor
sex pistols
and that's about it. anyone got any recommendations? and what's thumped doing on the lineup. what's the story with that? pete?

Saturday 30th:
Thumped.com - TBC

Story with this?? Can I get a free pass because of it? What's going on at all. Kinda wish I was going now but have no money for a ticket at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland