Electric Picnic 2008 (3 Viewers)

Anyone know of a lift up from Limerick on Saturday morning? I've had to extend my stay here so I wont get back into Ireland untill Saturday morning.

Ah. Sorry dude, just realised that you said Saturday. 'Fraid I won't be able to help.

Check out this though, there's a few CIE buses from Limerick to Stradbally on Saturday. If you're not able to get a lift that'd probably be your best shot....

http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=3d.02648187.1219162085&OK#focus

I was gonna bring my CD walkman with my PC's speakers plugged into the headphone socket.

Then I realised that the speakers need a power source and don't take batteries.
heybaby.gif

anyone else bothering with campsite stereos?

The Electric Picnic festival will go ahead next week ‘‘come hail, rain or shine’’, according to its organisers, despite speculation that the event could be postponed or cancelled because of weather conditions.

A spokeswoman for Pod Concerts, the organiser of Electric Picnic, said the event would ‘‘absolutely not’’ be cancelled. She said that additional measures had been taken to ensure that the site at Stradbally, Co Laois, was ready for all conditions and that on-site drainage was ‘‘very good’’.

‘‘One of the reasons it was picked is because of the incredibly good drainage,” she said. ‘‘There will be additional tank tracks [moveable metal planks] for cars and the camping areas this year. The forecast for next week is pretty much dry, but whether it’s hail, rail or shine, the show will go on, and everyone is quite excited about it.”

The 32,000 tickets for the three-day festival, which is in its fifth year, are sold out, but there were concerns that the 600-acre venue had been affected by the heavy rainfall and flooding of recent weeks.

However, the spokeswoman said the event would not be curtailed. The headline acts at Electric Picnic will include reunited punk legends the Sex Pistols, as well as My Bloody Valentine, Franz Ferdinand, Goldfrapp and Duffy. There will also be cookery, comedy and ‘‘spoken word’’ areas, as well as art installations and Fossetts Circus.

http://www.thepost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=IRELAND-qqqm=news-qqqid=35377-qqqx=1.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland