Electric Picnic 2008 (1 Viewer)

i got a free ticket thank god. would hurt to pay in for that lineup. that said, there's a few bands each day im keen to see and kinda like the fact i wont be running around trying to see loads of bands all weekend

It's a stinker of a festival, all the big acts have a Feile 92 mustiness about them, lots of 'who are they again?' bands, and the feeling that POD/AIKEN are making a killing off suckers who've paid full whack for this...Do you really think they have paid the artists on that line-up the same amount of money as the big acts they usually have? (say Bjork, LCD, Modest Mouse, Beasties, Primal Scream, JAMC, Sonic Youth et al from last year). Too many gigaholic dull as shit Irish bands as well, not hating on Irish bands, but I could see most of them in any given weekend in Dublin...at the HWCH for instance. Modeselektor, Fuck Buttons and MBV will be good

It's a stinker of a festival, all the big acts have a Feile 92 mustiness about them, lots of 'who are they again?' bands, and the feeling that POD/AIKEN are making a killing off suckers who've paid full whack for this...Do you really think they have paid the artists on that line-up the same amount of money as the big acts they usually have? (say Bjork, LCD, Modest Mouse, Beasties, Primal Scream, JAMC, Sonic Youth et al from last year). Too many gigaholic dull as shit Irish bands as well, not hating on Irish bands, but I could see most of them in any given weekend in Dublin...at the HWCH for instance. Modeselektor, Fuck Buttons and MBV will be good

it's the worst lineup yet, no doubt about it. But i think people have got the tickets because it has been so good in recent years (as a fest in general) and that there's so much to do other than go see bands. Also there's a handful of really good bands that make it just about worth it.

If they put MBV on the main stage then I'll really start to get pissed off.

Must say i agree with some others in that it'll be nice not to be rushing around all weekend trying to catch every band. Primavera was amazing but heartbreaking in that respect.

can anyone remember if the final acts on the Sunday clashed in previous years? [Main stage / Electric Arena]

bit of a low key build up to this one.

couple of people I know are considering flogging their tickets if the deluge hits that weekend.

Yeah they clashed but you always get about a half hour grace.

Saying that though, if you weren't in the tent at least three quarters of an hour before the Beasties last year (on the Sat) you hadn't a hope of getting in. Fair enough they were up against Jesus and Mary Chain but who would you rather see? Mike D or JAMC? Now move that to a Sunday.

You have the cabaret/pantomime/hateful attitiude towards a bunch of overweight, over-rated British (and proud of it) clowns who have never put Ireland too high on their agenda, who are only in it for the money and who really and truly do not deserve a headline slot at any festival (shame on you John Reynolds) and then you have a band so full of mystique, musical opulance and spinetingling sonic beauty that people of all vintages/musical tastes/curiosity TRULY want to see - in a tent. That fits about 5,000.

Yeah they clashed but you always get about a half hour grace.

Saying that though, if you weren't in the tent at least three quarters of an hour before the Beasties last year (on the Sat) you hadn't a hope of getting in. Fair enough they were up against Jesus and Mary Chain but who would you rather see? Mike D or JAMC? Now move that to a Sunday.

You have the cabaret/pantomime/hateful attitiude towards a bunch of overweight, over-rated British (and proud of it) clowns who have never put Ireland too high on their agenda, who are only in it for the money and who really and truly do not deserve a headline slot at any festival (shame on you John Reynolds) and then you have a band so full of mystique, musical opulance and spinetingling sonic beauty that people of all vintages/musical tastes/curiosity TRULY want to see - in a tent. That fits about 5,000.

I chose the JAMC last year. But they shouldn't have been on the main stage - too much disinterest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland